Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Taco Soup

I made this soup last night. It is really, really good, so I just had to share it.


Taco Soup

1-lb. lean ground round

1 package taco seasoning

1 package ranch dressing mix (Hidden Valley preferred)
1 cup water

1 onion finely chopped
15 oz. black beans

15 oz. hot chili beans

8 oz corn (frozen or canned)

1 can Mexican style tomatoes

1 can stewed to
matoes

Brown hamburger then drain. Add dry seasonings and water, stir. Then add all the remaining ingredients. Cook 30 minutes or in crock pot.

I used ground turkey instead of the beef and I used mild chili beans instead of hot. It was plenty spicy for me. If you are counting Weight Watchers points, it is only 3 pts. for 1 cup. It is easy and delish!


5 comments:

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

I make that all the time and my family loves it! I use tomatoes with jalapenos instead of stewed tomatoes.. but we like it SPICY! :) It is really, really good! I just made this chicken chili.. but it is not your traditional chicken chili.. it was really good.. I'll have to send you the recipe for it.

Megan said...

I LOVERR taco soup and almost forgot about it this winter. Thanks for posting the recipe to remind me of it.

Amy said...

This is one of Eric's favorites!!! It is so good in the winter and it's like a combo of soup and chili. Just made it last week. Love things that are good and healthy.

The baked potato soup was yummy, too.

Abby said...

Hi Leigh Ann! I love that taco soup too! It's very satisfying for a low-point WW dish. I just started doing WW online again so I can get ready for my last hurrah with a bridesmaid dress!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I am going to write this down for sure!! Your blog is so refreshing and fun. Hope you're doing well...you're looking great. :-)