Friday, January 11, 2008

I Want to Sleep Like That

If you would have asked me about six years ago what was one of my favorites things to do, I would have told you sleeping. I loved sleeping in late on Saturday mornings and taking long naps after church on Sundays afternoons. When you have a baby, everyone tells you that you won't sleep anymore, and it's true. I don't sleep a lot. Ella Grace still sleeps in our bed. I know it's terrible, but I was just planning to go through moving her to her bed when her leg got broken. I just couldn't do it after that. I felt too sorry for her to go through a cast on her leg and getting used to her own bed at the same time. I know sleeping in her own bed is going to a hard enough transition on its own. So, I'm waiting until the cast comes off later this month. Needless-to-say, I don't sleep well at all. She takes up a lot of room for such a small person. I always end up on the edge of the bed, arm hanging off the side. I'm not complaining. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I do miss sleep! This is how Ella Grace looks this afternoon in her nap (of course on my bed)...mouth open, eyes kind of rolled up in her head. Now, is that good sleep or what?!

Taking a good nap on Mommy's bed. Ahhh, what a life!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I wish I could sleep as much and as well as little kids do. And they fight going to sleep. Not me -I love sleep. :-)

Sarah said...

I love to take a nap on Friday afternoons! It's a great way to start the weekend. :)