Thursday, January 3, 2008

So Long, Farewell...

I'm not a big "New Year's Resolutions" kind of girl, and I'm not making any really this year. I am, however, making a promise to myself to lose some weight and get in better shape. I haven't lost all of the weight I gained while pregnant with Ella Grace, and let's face it, the shape I was in before I got pregnant with her wasn't pretty either. I'm really excited about losing weight. I am very motivated. I know swimsuits are right around the corner and I want to be able to take the kids to the pool without feeling so self-conscious. My mom and sister are joining me in this challenge, so we will be able to support each other. We have talked about going on a trip or cruise if we all meet our goals. We start Weight Watchers and exercise today! You know that song from "The Sound of Music?" Well, that was playing in my mind as I ate my last piece of cheesecake last night. "So long, farewell cheesecake. Derek says he's cutting back, too. He doesn't even need to lose one pound, but you know what will happen. He will lose 10 lbs. in about four days! It's not fair. I don't think there is anything harder than losing weight, but I'm up for it!
The party is over!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You can do it!!!! Thinking about a cruise or the swimming pool will help! and weight watchers really does work - you can eat what you like just in smaller portions. It's the only thing I've found that works.
You'll be one hot mama very soon. (although you already are!!!)

Hillary said...

Although I don't know you, you're one of Kelly's friends so I think that makes you one of mine too! :) I had to comment on your post b/c you are right...losing weight is so hard! And it never seems to end! I'm trying to lose some myself. I started Jenny Craig last Sept. It's been slow but its been good! I got a little off track over the holidays. Ok, so I ate like a pig, but now I'm trying to get motivated again! Good luck with your goal! I'm confident you can do it!

Sarah said...

You are beautiful just like you are! I understand how you feel, though. I told Katie I feel like I'm about to give birth to a 30 pound food baby. I have made up my mind to fix this. We can keep each other motivated!