Monday, January 21, 2008

A Good Day!

Today has been a good day! After dropping Evan off at preschool, we went and had Ella's cast removed. YEAH! It was not the most pleasant experience. Thank goodness Derek was off for MLK Day and able to go with us. The saw was loud and she didn't like being held down. After the technician removed it, Ella told her "bye bye." I guess that summed up how she felt about that experience. It was pretty funny. Then, she had to get another x-ray, which she hates! Let's just say she exercised her lungs a lot today. We are so happy her leg has healed well and the cast has gone "bye bye." Then, we had lunch out and my mom joined us. She then watched Ella Grace so Derek and I could go to a movie. I don't even remember how long it has been since we have been to a movie together. Too long. We went to see "27 Dresses" but we had the times mixed up, so we ended up seeing "Mad Money." It was pretty cute. We had a good time just being out together on a date!

Back in business!!!


At the movies.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I thought I saw ya'll making out in the back of the theatre...just kidding

Megan said...

I've been wanting to see Mad Money-wonder if it made it to our theater. That's so neat that my parents were your S.S. teachers. I wasn't sure you would remember me, but I knew Derek would.

Kelly said...

I love that ya'll took a picture in the movies!!!! Having a blog gets you to take lots of pictures you never thought you would before! ha!
I'm glad you had a date and I'm glad little Ella got her cast off!

Amy said...

Leigh Ann, I stumbled across your blog this morning from Megan's. My husband, Eric, and I went to church with you guys at BCBC a long time ago. We went to high school with Derek. Also, our little boy played T-ball with Stone last spring, so I got to know Millicent (sp?). Such a small world. I'm so glad you have Derek home with you now. You guys look so happy. Your sister was always telling me about your latest update on him, how you were surviving with two kiddos as a single mom, etc. Tell Derek Amy and Eric said Hello! Love to see you guys again! Amy

Meredith said...

YAY! Ella got her cast off! I know ya'll are glad! Glad ya'll had fun at the movies, too!

Amy said...

I told Eric that you and Derek have been reading my blog...I think he's surprised anyone checks in on it. Ha! He doesn't mind me blogging, just wants me to be really careful with last names, school names, etc. b/c of Luke, ya know? So if you want to do a link to our page, just put Amy, Eric & Luke instead of our last name, ok?

It was so nice seeing Derek's parents on your blog. They were always SUPER nice to us. Love them!

Tell Millicent I said Hey! We are still trying to decide about T-ball for the spring (where to play). Last season was okay, but Feb-June was a little long, ya know?

Hope you are having a great week!

Sarah said...

You guys are SUCH a good-looking couple! And of course the children are gorgeous!!! I love the picture of the two of them holding hands--so sweet!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

I love the date picture of the two! That is SO CUTE! You guys do not look like you have aged a bit. :) Glad Ella Grace got her cast off.. it makes it so much easier to get into stuff without a big pink cast! and the picture of Evan and Ella Grace holding hands.. those kind of moments are so few and so great especially when you catch them in pictures! Have a great day! lOVE YA!