25 lbs. gone! Yeah! I lost 2 lbs. this week. I want to lose 28 more. I started exercising this week. We have a great community center and I have been walking/running. I hope this helps speed things up. We'll see next week!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I had to share this recipe! I got it out of my Weight Watcher's cookbook, but it is so good, I bet the rest of your family would eat it, too. I haven't gotten Derek to eat it, but Ella loves it. Evan can't eat it because he has an allergy to dairy. Anyway, this is it...
Makes 4 servings
1 tablespoon butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup fat=free cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese (I use the Parmesan)
1 cup broccoli florets
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 carrot, thinly sliced
4 cups hot cooked linguine
1. In a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Saute the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour, then gradually whisk in the milk; cook, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cream cheese and Asiago; cook, stirring, until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Removed from the heat and cover to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, place the broccoli, bell pepper, and carrot in a steamer basket; set in a saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the pasta and steamed vegetables. Add the cheese sauce; toss to coat thoroughly. Serve at once.
POINTS value: 6
Serving size: about 1 1/2 cups
Just to give you an idea of how much it makes, when I took this picture, I had already eaten one helping for lunch. It is very, very good and very filling. If you make it, let me know what you think!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 9:48 AM
Monday, February 25, 2008
Here are a few more Ella Grace facts:
She says about 35 words that she uses daily.
She is very sweet and often rubs her little hand on her Daddy, Evan and me, saying, "Awwww."
She loves all babies (especially real babies) and stuffed animals of all kinds.
She's a dancing machine.
She loves books and doesn't care for TV that much.
She loves bath time and can hardly wait for it. She normally asks for "bath" about three times a day!
She gives out kisses all the time, which is so sweet, especially when I didn't ask for it and she does it on her own.
She loves to label her nose, eyes, hair, ears, mouth, toes, and tummy and also points that out on others.
She LOVES her brother.
Anytime anyone flushes a toilet, she announces "poo poo," which is not that great when you have people over or are visiting someone else! :)
She loves to play ball (right now I think she is 50% girly girl, 50% tomboy). She's got an arm on her when she throws it!
She asks for "Daddy" and "Eda" (Evan) about five times a day. She definitely misses them while they are gone during the day.
Any time we are in the car, she always takes her socks and shoes off immediately. I always have to redress her when we get to our destination.
She loves the telephone and says "Hello" every time the phone rings.
She counts to five, but always leaves out four.
She loves to play "Pat a Cake" and sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."
When she laughs too hard, she gets the hiccups (just like me).
These are just a few things about her. She is such a joy. I am cherishing every day because I know I'll turn around one day and she'll be starting school. What fun we have!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 10:50 AM
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Abby then. This was us at Homecoming our Junior year in high school.
Posted by Leigh Ann at 6:50 AM
Thursday, February 21, 2008
I'm at 23 lbs. lost and counting! 30 lbs. to go!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 4:28 PM
Edit: Just for kicks, here's one more: When I was eight, I was ran over by a car after getting off the school bus. It was a green station wagon with wood paneling on the sides driven by a woman that was about 80. The car ran over my foot and broke it. My mother was hysterical, but I was only worried about the "Snoopy" book I had checked out of the library that day. When I hit the pavement, it went flying. Funny when I think about it now!
My new blog friend, Candy, tagged me! It was hard to think of seven things that people may not know about me. My close friends may know all of this, but maybe my new blog friends will learn something about me. Here is what I am supposed to do:
List 7 random things that people may not know about you. The rules are to link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I'm the youngest of three girls, and the tallest of my sisters. I'm almost 6 feet tall. I hated it when I was younger, especially in seventh grade when I towered over all the boys. Now, it doesn't really bother me. I did tell Derek if he had been an inch shorter, I couldn't have married him! Ha!
2. I was a cheerleader in college at OBU. My freshman year I was on the pom pon squad and my sophomore year I was a cheerleader. It was one of the things I enjoyed most (besides being friends with Kelly and Kandi) while at OBU. I couldn't do a herky now to save my life! Ha!
Can you find me? Because of my height, I have been center back of every group picture I have ever been in!!!
3. I was an extra in a movie once. It never made it to the big screen, but it was a super fun experience. The scene was in an office and I had to act like I was making copies and then act like I was taking calls at a desk. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was a fun experience.
4. I have ran a 5K before. It did take me 34 minutes (the longest 34 minutes of my life)! I'm not a huge fan of running, so this was an accomplishment for me!
5. I met my husband when I was 15. We have now been together 20 years! It's hard to believe.
6. I HATE to mow the lawn! I had to do this way too much growing up, so I just about refuse to do it now unless Derek is out of town. However, now my brother-in-law has a lawn business, so it's not an issue anymore. Thank goodness! :)
7. I have a passion for photography and hope to learn to use my camera better. Derek bought it for me and it came with a free class, but I have yet to go. If I could have my own business, I would love to be a photographer.
Posted by Leigh Ann at 10:58 AM
Monday, February 18, 2008
On Saturday we cleaned the house, and I got a ton of clothes ironed and marked for a consignment sale this coming weekend. That was a job! It is hard for me to part with anything that the kiddos have worn. I go through them remembering how cute they were in each thing. I keep a couple of mementos, but the rest HAS to go. I still have a few things to finish. Whew! I hope it's worth all the effort! Derek did get to go to his dad's and watch the Jermaine Taylor fight later that night. I think he was pretty bummed that JT didn't win. Oh well. Better luck next time.
Tonight I was able to actually go to an exercise class at our community center. They offer a Zumba class that I have heard is super fun and I haven't been able to go because Derek isn't home from work in time. I loved it! I was lost some of the time, but I didn't care. I was a little surprised though when they got their little skirts out with the shiny metal things on them (I have no idea what it is called) that made noise as we shook our hips. Pretty funny. It was great fun and I hope to go again soon, but I will not take a place in front of the mirror. I don't mind trying to dance, I just don't want to see myself doing it. That sight might be too much for me! Ha!
Hope you all have a fantastic week!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 5:38 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2008
This is Evan right before he left for school this morning. He followed up his breakfast with candy. Gotta love that!
Ella Grace and me right after we got our special delivery!
Ella Grace and her Valentine! She has given this bear so many kisses. She just loves it!
My beautiful roses. Thank you, Valentine!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 2:54 PM
Posted by Leigh Ann at 2:53 PM
Monday, February 11, 2008
Posted by Leigh Ann at 11:39 AM
Sunday, February 10, 2008
I started looking through some old photos and came across this picture of my big hair. There are several things that bother me about this photograph: (1) The obvious...the permed hair that is oh so big with the lovely chunk of bangs in the front, (2) The mustard yellow dress that I am wearing. I think I remember it had a skirt around the waist with a huge black bow on the front. (3) My Brooke Shields eyebrows, and (4) The saucy look I am giving...What is that?!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 7:05 AM
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Posted by Leigh Ann at 7:45 PM
Posted by Leigh Ann at 12:18 PM
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Posted by Leigh Ann at 5:27 PM
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Posted by Leigh Ann at 6:29 PM
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Posted by Leigh Ann at 2:08 PM
Friday, February 1, 2008
Thank you goes out to my sweet husband who has endured two chick flicks within two weeks. I enjoyed our time together and hope we get to do it again real soon.
My date bought us a treat...pop corn with a real Coke. I haven't had a real Coke in a while! Soooo good!
So tell me...How many times have you been a bridesmaid? Did you like any of your dresses? Did you ever wear it again? What was the worst one like?
Posted by Leigh Ann at 12:07 PM