Monday, February 25, 2008

My Sweet Ella Grace

Ella Grace turned 16 months last week. What a blessing and joy she is to me! I can't believe she is growing up so fast. She is so busy and trying to talk so much. Today, she was playing in Evan's room and I peeked in to find her talking to her baby and feeding it. I have never seen her do this before. She was feeding her baby a play sandwich roll saying, as she put it to the baby's mouth, "No?" Then, she offered the baby her juice saying, "Juice?" "No?" It was so cute. It was just like how I offer food and drink to her and she was imitating it to her baby. It was precious! I was able to catch a picture of her. It's a little blurry because I was trying to hurry to catch it before she stopped.


Due to her broken leg incident, she has not started walking totally independently. She has been a little timid and scared of walking alone. Just last week she started walking about 10 steps alone, so I know it will be any day now that she will take off. I think I would be a little timid, too, if had worn a cast for six weeks. She will walk all day holding my fingers or with her walker. She pushes this walker around everywhere and picks up all kinds of treasures along the way. "Baby" is always in the walker and today there were some circles, a block, the sandwich roll, and a morocca. You never know what you will find in there!


Here are a few more Ella Grace facts:

She says about 35 words that she uses daily.

She is very sweet and often rubs her little hand on her Daddy, Evan and me, saying, "Awwww."

She loves all babies (especially real babies) and stuffed animals of all kinds.

She's a dancing machine.

She loves books and doesn't care for TV that much.

She loves bath time and can hardly wait for it. She normally asks for "bath" about three times a day!

She gives out kisses all the time, which is so sweet, especially when I didn't ask for it and she does it on her own.

She loves to label her nose, eyes, hair, ears, mouth, toes, and tummy and also points that out on others.

She LOVES her brother.

Anytime anyone flushes a toilet, she announces "poo poo," which is not that great when you have people over or are visiting someone else! :)

She loves to play ball (right now I think she is 50% girly girl, 50% tomboy). She's got an arm on her when she throws it!

She asks for "Daddy" and "Eda" (Evan) about five times a day. She definitely misses them while they are gone during the day.

Any time we are in the car, she always takes her socks and shoes off immediately. I always have to redress her when we get to our destination.

She loves the telephone and says "Hello" every time the phone rings.

She counts to five, but always leaves out four.

She loves to play "Pat a Cake" and sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat."

When she laughs too hard, she gets the hiccups (just like me).

These are just a few things about her. She is such a joy. I am cherishing every day because I know I'll turn around one day and she'll be starting school. What fun we have!

8 comments:

Candy said...

She is so sweet!! I loved reading all about what she is doing now. My Ella just started the whole taking shoes and socks off everytime we get in the car and it is a pain! Isn't it fun having a boy and a girl? I love seeing the differences in them!

Meredith said...

AWWW! That is soo precious and adorable! Little ones are the best! I remember when my nephew and niece were that way and now they are 8 & almost 6!! Glad ya'll have fun!

Kelly said...

This is so sweet - I'm glad you are recording all of this so you won't forget it and one day she will LOVE reading all of this!
She is just SO cute!

Jessica said...

I love that she counts and leaves out "4". That stuff just cracks me up! She is adorable! : )

Megan L Hutchings said...

She is precious! I love how you leave us little updates and it will allow you to look back one day at her progress.

Hillary said...

I love how she's sitting in the picture with her legs crossed feeding her baby. She looks so grown up! And mom, you better watch out! With those big brown eyes, sweet personality, and an arm that can throw she's certainly going to turn the boys heads!

Megan said...

What a fun age!

Laurie said...

I love all the little facts. She is precious. I love seeing babies play with their doll babies. Nothing sweeter.