Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Recipe!

I had to share this recipe! I got it out of my Weight Watcher's cookbook, but it is so good, I bet the rest of your family would eat it, too. I haven't gotten Derek to eat it, but Ella loves it. Evan can't eat it because he has an allergy to dairy. Anyway, this is it...

Linguine Alfredo

Makes 4 servings

1 tablespoon butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup fat=free cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese (I use the Parmesan)
1 cup broccoli florets
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 carrot, thinly sliced
4 cups hot cooked linguine

1. In a medium nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Saute the garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour, then gradually whisk in the milk; cook, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cream cheese and Asiago; cook, stirring, until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Removed from the heat and cover to keep warm.

2. Meanwhile, place the broccoli, bell pepper, and carrot in a steamer basket; set in a saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.

3. In a large bowl, combine the pasta and steamed vegetables. Add the cheese sauce; toss to coat thoroughly. Serve at once.

POINTS value: 6
Serving size: about 1 1/2 cups

Just to give you an idea of how much it makes, when I took this picture, I had already eaten one helping for lunch. It is very, very good and very filling. If you make it, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Candy said...

That looks so good! I'll have to try it. I'm so excited about all these new recipes I have finding from blogs lately. :)
BTW my friend Angela has a recipe blog that you can link to off my blog. She is on WW and has been posting a lot of new recipes lately.

Kelly said...

That looks good! I will have to try that!

His Doorkeeper said...

Looks delicious....only problem is I could eat the whole thing!! i would have 40 points in one sitting!!