Sunday, February 3, 2008

Kickin' It Old School

I LOVE board games! I have driven my family crazy over the years asking them to play. It started as a kid and has continued into adulthood. Before Derek and I had kids, we played games a lot, even video games. I was a master at Crash Bandycoot! And, my father-in-law and I used to have Boggle tournaments at any and every family gathering. There hasn't been a lot of time for game playing the last several years, but Evan is now getting to the age where he likes to play. While we were at Target yesterday, I picked up my very favorite childhood game, "Connect Four," for myself (oh, I mean Evan). Derek and I have played it nonstop since yesterday. Derek beat me about every game, but I got my groove back today! I stomped him! Ha! He says I have the worst victory song ever. I sing every time I win! It's been a lot of fun, and I'm glad he has been such a good sport to play with me. I have let Evan and Ella Grace play with it, too, I promise.

Genius moves in red! Ha!


Meredith said...

How fun! I love playing games with my nephew and niece. But one I almost refuse to play is's just too long! Connect Four is a good game with kids!

Megan said...

Charlie and I love to play games and put together puzzles, too. I think Scrabble is my favorite. We registered for it and I got it at a wedding shower!!

Krista said...

I'm hoping you remember me. David and I taught you and Derick
in SS at Baring Cross. I came upon your blog from Amy's. I have kept up with your family through mutual friends over the years. Your family is precious and I'm so thankful Derick is home
with his family. My daughter Keri has a blog for her two girls
it is
We are also on it occasionally.
Enjoy those babies, before you
know it they will have children of
their own. Give our love to Jim
and Sue. Krista Geran

Sarah said...

I love it! I love games, too, and I'm so not competitive AT ALL...but my darling husband is, a little. I kick his hiney at Trivia Pursuit, which I always play better after a glass of that lovely 20 minutes before I fall asleep. :) Our favorite now is Catchphrase, but you need 4 people to play. We're like a crazed couple trying to get others to play with us.

I hope Ella is better! Jon's illness seems to have traveled to his bowels now. Yeah, he's sleeping on the couch tonight. :)