Sunday, February 3, 2008

Kickin' It Old School

I LOVE board games! I have driven my family crazy over the years asking them to play. It started as a kid and has continued into adulthood. Before Derek and I had kids, we played games a lot, even video games. I was a master at Crash Bandycoot! And, my father-in-law and I used to have Boggle tournaments at any and every family gathering. There hasn't been a lot of time for game playing the last several years, but Evan is now getting to the age where he likes to play. While we were at Target yesterday, I picked up my very favorite childhood game, "Connect Four," for myself (oh, I mean Evan). Derek and I have played it nonstop since yesterday. Derek beat me about every game, but I got my groove back today! I stomped him! Ha! He says I have the worst victory song ever. I sing every time I win! It's been a lot of fun, and I'm glad he has been such a good sport to play with me. I have let Evan and Ella Grace play with it, too, I promise.

Genius moves in red! Ha!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

How fun! I love playing games with my nephew and niece. But one I almost refuse to play is Monopoly...it's just too long! Connect Four is a good game with kids!

Megan said...

Charlie and I love to play games and put together puzzles, too. I think Scrabble is my favorite. We registered for it and I got it at a wedding shower!!

Krista said...

LeighAnn,
I'm hoping you remember me. David and I taught you and Derick
in SS at Baring Cross. I came upon your blog from Amy's. I have kept up with your family through mutual friends over the years. Your family is precious and I'm so thankful Derick is home
with his family. My daughter Keri has a blog for her two girls
it is jeff_keriboyd.blogspot.com.
We are also on it occasionally.
Enjoy those babies, before you
know it they will have children of
their own. Give our love to Jim
and Sue. Krista Geran

Sarah said...

I love it! I love games, too, and I'm so not competitive AT ALL...but my darling husband is, a little. I kick his hiney at Trivia Pursuit, which I always play better after a glass of wine...in that lovely 20 minutes before I fall asleep. :) Our favorite now is Catchphrase, but you need 4 people to play. We're like a crazed couple trying to get others to play with us.

I hope Ella is better! Jon's illness seems to have traveled to his bowels now. Yeah, he's sleeping on the couch tonight. :)