Thursday, April 17, 2008

What to do, What to do...

Thanks for everyone's help on my dining room drapes issue. I think I have finally decided and I'm going with a solid chocolate brown color. My friend, Jill, mentioned she thought I should also recover the dining room chairs in a coordinating fabric. I think that is a great idea! However, I think I am going to recover a chair for my living room first and then recover the dining room chairs.

I still need your help. My dining room and great room flow together. I'm getting a red couch and I'm thinking about recovering this chair to match it. I'm getting a little more daring these days, and I'm thinking about stepping out and going a little different than my traditional style. Do you think this chair and ottoman would look good with this fabric? Keep in mind I have children, hence the juice stain on the ottoman, which is the main reason it needs recovering.

The couch is the color of the redder circle on the right and the drapes are the same chocolate color as the background. What do you think? I'm terrible at visualizing how something will turn out by a little swatch! Please vote in the poll on the right. I know there are a lot of you out there that have great decorating sense. Thank you for your help!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Leigh Ann, Love the fabric so much! I love circles and the colors are very kid friendly. I've learned a lot about blending my style (traditional) and Eric's style (contemporary). It's called transitional and there's tons of cute accessories out now like this. I'm going to post a decorating dilemma this weekend.

Kelly said...

I'm going to vote - but YES I love it!!!

Candy said...

Okay, I voted! I love it and think it will look great.

Jill said...

Love that fabric! I think the solid colors will be perfect. That will give the room some pop. I have heard that Howards in WLR is really good and very reasonable. I have a recovering nightmare sitting in my living room at the moment. I am just hoping to sell the house so I can ditch the eyesore! The problem is that I chose a horrible fabric to recover a chair with, but chalk it up to experience. That fabric is going to lend itself to any accent metals! You go girl!