Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ella Grace Leaves Her Mark

Ella Grace loves my makeup brushes and lip gloss tubes. She pretends all the time to put makeup on herself. It is very cute. She has figured out how to open the lip gloss, too. It's okay as long as you are right there with her, but this is what happens when you leave Ella Grace, lip gloss, and Daddy alone together...


This is what happens when she comes to show Mommy her pretty lipstick. She leaves her mark on this...

Lip gloss + white dining room chair = not a good combo

When things like this happen, it never really bothers me. I always (well, almost always) find instances like this hilarious. When you have small kids, it's just easier to go with the flow! Derek and I laughed so hard! Ella Grace just kept saying, "Uh oh." I went to get something to clean it, and when I came back she had a tissue trying to get it off herself. Bless her heart! I think she was more worried about it than we were. We just thought it was so funny! I guess I WILL be recovering these chairs in a more child friendly color after all!

4 comments:

Candy said...

Oh my goodness! Look at her sweet face, how precious is that!! I need to learn from you how to be more calm in these type of situations. :)

The Garners said...

How funny! Yeah, it's easier just to laugh most of the time with things like that! :)

Hillary said...

Ha! What a beauty! She was just leaving her beauty all over the house!

Angela said...

You're right...things happen. Although I don't always remember that in the moment. The photos are priceless!