Sunday, April 27, 2008

For the Best Card Maker I Know, Kelly!

I know A LOT of you out there read Kelly's Korner, written by my sweet, beautiful friend, who I lived with in college. If you don't read it, you should. You'll be hooked immediately. Kelly recently did a post on how much she loves mail, and I got really tickled at a comment from our friend, Kandi, who mentioned how much Kelly loved making cards when we were in our dorm at OBU! Kelly has always been great at making someone feel special that way. She made cards all the time, and we didn't even have scrapbooking materials back then. Her cards were usually out of construction paper with magazine clippings and colorful markers! They were always funny and cute. She even made cards for my boyfriend at the time (and now my husband). I happened to ask Derek tonight if he thought we still had some of them, and guess what, we DID! So, this is for Kelly. A card she made back in 1992. I especially love the front of the card because it is soooo Kelly. I love you, Kelly! Enjoy...






10 comments:

Candy said...

That is so funny! How creative she was too. Kelly probably would have never guessed that ya'll would still have that!

Michele said...

Too funny!!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

LOL SO funny!! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.........!!!!!!
ha ha ha ha ha ha

I can not believe you still have this. And I totally forgot that Derek used to work at Cock of the Walk - OH THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES EVER!!!

You and Kandi are both cracking me up tonight!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I can't believe Derek still had this! This has made my day! Kelly sent me an email this morning to go look at your blog. This makes me sad that I don't keep things, although I probably DO have some of Kelly's letters and cards somewhere in my hope chest. Lance had all of Kelly's letters and cards. I'll have to have him go through them and find some good ones.
I'm loving reading your blog. You and Kelly are so funny. Some day maybe I'll get industrious enough to figure out how to do one, too.
-Kandi

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is HILARIOUS! I am sure Kelly was shocked to see that you still had the cards.

Lauren said...

Those are adorable! I'd rather get something hand-made like that over a store-bought card any day. Something about Megan H. you'd like to know? She LOVES cards!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I sent you an e-mail love =)

Megan said...

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

The Garners said...

Kelly IS the best at writing and sending good mail! She would write me from church camp when she worked there, and I felt so "cool" getting letters from her! :) And she wrote me at OBU and sent me Halloween candy, etc.--she's the sweetest!!! It's great that you still have one of her hand-made cards!