Saturday, March 8, 2008

Calling All You Designers Out There

I need your help. My dining room is lacking something. There is a huge picture window that I'm debating whether or not needs drapes. I have never been a window treatment kind of girl, especially if there is trim around the windows, but I'm thinking this room just needs something. If you were me, would you put drapes in my dining room? I'm thinking I would hang them from the top window and maybe allow them to puddle at the bottom. It's so hard for me to visualize how things will turn out, so all of you out there with your cute decorating ideas, I need you. Our dining room flows into the great room and I'm getting a new couch that will be a deep red. It is replacing the one we just bought in October (a whole other saga). So, I was thinking tying in the red into the drapes in maybe some sort of pattern (or should it be solid). I'm also thinking panels. Anyway, if you don't mind, let me know your honest opinion. Here are some pics of the window at different angles:


Thanks for the help! : )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...

Your dining room is beautiful! I love curtains - I think they make a HUGE difference to a room. I think maybe something in silk (it could be expensive but if you know anyone who sews and could find a fabric with red in it) - long panels hung from the way above the window down and puddling would be beautiful!!!!

Candy said...

That is a beautiful window! I am not a designer that is for sure, but I can tell you that we put curtains in our den and valences in the eating area a couple of months ago and it made a huge difference. I love the way it looks! I say go for it! :)

Sarah said...

I agree with Kelly. I think the silk puddling curtains would be GORGEOUS! Especially with a dark red...beautiful.

Thank you for your sweet comment. I just came back to my blog and read what I wrote and wondered if I sounded just a little testy?! :) You are so sweet and encouraging. You are such a kind and upbeat person, that it encourages me when you relate things you've been through, and lived, because you carry it off with grace and style! Thank you!

Jill said...

I would do curtains and then recover the chairs in a coordinating fabric, but not the same! My friend has a girl somewhere in a small town that is super cheap. I will find her name for you. Check my blog. I am interested in what you have to say!

His Doorkeeper said...

I think panels that hang down on either side of the window and not on the window itself. You don't want to cover that beautiful top window!xnql Something with a touch of red would be nice. I bought some beautiful material for my drapes with the color of your dining room and very faint red Chinese toile at Calico Corners in Dallas. My house is 75% the color of your walls in your dining room. I love the wall color because almost any color goes with it!