Friday, April 18, 2008

Dinner with Friends

We had a great time tonight eating dinner with friends at a Japanese steakhouse. All of the guys are friends of Derek's through his work, and I have become friends with their wives. It's always a great time when we get together. We laugh A LOT! I told them I would give them a shout out on my blog. Here they are...

From left to right: Jenn, Derek, Me, Tonya, Collin, Chad, Trisha. Derek, Collin and Chad were all in Iraq at the same time. I have to mention that during that time, if there was anyone that helped me get through 15 months of deployment besides my mom, it was Tonya. She is such a sweet girl and the cutest little thing you will ever see! She was there for me so much. Anytime I was down, I could call her and she always understood and helped me get through it. I honestly don't know what I would have done without her during that time. She was and is such a good friend to me. I keep telling her she needs to do a blog because she has two of the cutest children and the funniest stories. Maybe I'll convince her! :)


This is Kevin. He took the group shot, so I had to get one of him. They are laughing so hard because Wongky, the chef, was throwing chicken in the air for Derek to catch it with his mouth. Derek missed, but Tonya and I caught our pieces. Talent I tell you! Oh, and that place was crawling with prom people. They looked so cute in their dresses and tuxedos. It took me back, and it seems like it was yesterday! Styles have changed though...no puffy sleeves as big as your head were found anywhere.


This is Wongky. He was hilarious.


As we passed over the river on the way home, we saw the beautiful moon overlooking the bridge. It was so bright!

Tomorrow we are going to the All Out for Autism Walk. I'm really looking forward to it! I feel like it's a big day for autism awareness and for us. I'll post pictures later. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Angela said...

That looks like so much fun! I love going out with my friends...especially to the Japanese places so you can have the whole "table" to yourself.

Hope you have a good walk today!

The Garners said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I love Japanese steakhouses--yum! I think Rhett would find it entertaining to eat at one--we need to take him sometime...maybe tonight!?! :)

Kelly said...

Oh I love japanese steakhouses!!!!
It helps so much to have someone who knows what you are going through to talk to! I'm glad God sent you a friend during that time!!!
I hope the walk goes good today!

Traci said...

We LUV Japanese Steakhouses! Y'all looked like you had a blast! The moon was beautiful! I miss AR.

I hope the walk was good today. Have you gone to Barnes & Noble?

Megan L Hutchings said...

It sounds like a fabulous weekend! My galz and I are going to a Japanes Steakhouse tonight to celebrate my bday. Yummy!!!!

Yesterday we went to TJ Maxx and they are supporting Autism. Every customer that came through was asked if they wanted to donate a $1.00. The word is getting out Sweet Leigh Ann!