Tuesday, April 22, 2008

18 Months Already

I can't believe my baby is 18 months old! Ella Grace turned 18 months old yesterday. Seriously, where does time go? Ella Grace has been such a blessing to me in so many ways. We really weren't expecting her, and we were overjoyed to discover she was on her way. I was only five months pregnant when Derek was deployed to Iraq for 15 months and I was also in the throws of heartache about Evan's autism and how to help him. I know that God gave Ella Grace to me at that time in my life to help me. In the midst of all the chaos of that time, I had something to look forward to, something wonderful, a little life moving inside of me, a constant reminder that I wasn't in control, a constant companion when I was feeling lonely. What a gift HE gave me! That is why her middle name is Grace. She was the perfect gift at the perfect time, and she has given me unspeakable joy. I am so thankful and so blessed!

I love to hear her call my name. I love to watch her play with Evan. Oh, how she loves her brother! I love how she gets so excited when she hears the garage open in the evenings and exclaims, "Daddy," as she walks as fast as she can to the door. I love how she gives unexpected kisses and pats sweetly on me. I love that she is a girly girl. I love that she is the perfect mix of sweet and sassy and can pout on command. I adore that she loves her baby dolls. I love that she says "no" to anything you ask her. I love to hear her try to sing her "ABC's." I could go on and on. I just love my baby girl.

I love her BIG brown eyes.


I love her soft curls.


I love her smile.

We did go for Ella Grace's first trip to Gymboree play Monday. She had a ball! She loved everything about it, especially the parachute and bubbles at the end. We will definitely be going back!

I love you my sweet, sweet Ella Grace.

13 comments:

Lauryn said...

What a doll!! It's amazing how much children bless our lives!

The Garners said...

This is such a sweet post! She's beautiful! Little girls are so fun--I feel beyond blessed to have a boy and a girl because they're so different, but both bring such JOY to my life!

pengellylove said...

She is precious...so sweet!

Megan L Hutchings said...

She is absolutely precious!!!! I have to say that she looks a lot like you and it sounds like she has your personality...sweet & sassy!

Meagan said...

What a little doll! She is such a cutie-pie!!!! I agree with Megan, from the pictures she looks a lot like you! A sweet and sassy little girlie-girl... what a blessing!

Traci said...

That was the sweetest post about your little angel. I had no idea that you went through all that at the same time. I thought that I was all alone when we found out about Riley so I can't imagine what you were feeling without Derek to lean on!

I really admire your courage! You are a strong woman and your faith is amazing!! Thank you for sharing that today! :)

Laurie said...

precious pictures!

Kelly said...

I remember when Kandi told me your were pregnant with Ella - I was so thankful because I knew she would be a good distraction for you while Derek was gone. And what a blessing she is. She is beautiful!!!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

Those are such cute pictures of Ella Grace! What a wonderful blessing she was.. seems God knew just the right time for your second miracle to come along! :) Have a great weekend! I'll miss you girls Friday night. :( In May let's plan on the last weekend the 30th or 31st if the girls can do it them.. I will OFFICIALLY be OFF WORK all weekend! YEAH!!

Candy said...

What a sweet post! Ella Grace is just the most precious thing! I love her sweet smile. :)

Sarah said...

I love watching the two of you together! I've always thought you guys will be the best of friends as she grows up. :)

Angela said...

What a nice post! She looks like such a sweetheart. Love the photos :).

His Doorkeeper said...

Ella Grace is just the sweetest little girl and what a sweet tribute you wrote to her. I know you are blessed by her daily but boy, is she blessed with such a loving and caring Mother! God bless you both!