Monday, April 14, 2008

What a Difference

After the ordering of portraits, Derek had a photoshop program on my computer that afternoon! Ha! He knows I love photography, and he thought I would like to play around with it. Well, I'm learning, and it is so much fun. First, I did this...

Original

Retouch with softer lines and brighter colors


Then, we took this picture of Evan's mug and made these...

He's pretty cute here, but then...

Derek turned Evan and added contrast and saturation and then...

We made it black and white and cropped his face. I've paid LOTS of money in the past for a shot like this. Had I known it was so easy.....urgh! It took two minutes literally.

I'm going to keep working on developing my "skills." I'm going to add a link to my blog soon to link to my photography. I'm learning a lot from Pioneer Woman, too. She does some amazing work!

Okay, I'm done boring you now! : ) Good night!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh yes - photo shop is WONDERFUL!
Such cute pictures!!!!

Candy said...

I don't have Photo Shop, so I have no idea what all it can do! I love this! What great pictures. I can't wait to check out your new blog too. :)

Angela said...

That is exciting! I've only played around with PS on my father-in-laws computer but it was neat. I think it could become addicting.

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

You did great! I have had photoshop for years and STILL have not completely figured it out! You are ahead of me! Those pictures are so cute!! You will be amazed at all the stuff you can do with PS! Have a good week!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I love the pics LeighAnn! Your babies are so adorable!

Traci said...

You did a great job with those pics, of course your canvas was really cute to begin with!! Hope y'all have a great week!

Oh, I sent you an email about a week ago and don't know if you have gotten it or it may have gone to junk email!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Hey there! Did you get my e-mail?

Lauryn said...

Hey - Love the photos!! Maybe I should be messing with my own pictures too!!!

Okay - so I tagged you today. Just wanted to let you know. I had never been tagged so I went with it! Do it if you want - no big deal! Hope you are having a good day!!

The Garners said...

What gorgeous pictures!!! You did great!