Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Wagon

Derek bought Evan and Ella Grace a new wagon. It is a double rider, so they can both ride at the same time. I have no idea what is wrong with Derek and me. We thought it would be a great idea to put it together tonight and take them for a ride. Well, it was thundering and lightning. You would think we would have known it would not be a good idea to show them the wagon and then not be able to actually take them for a ride in the rain! We weren't thinking! We took them just down the street before it actually started raining. As we pulled them back into the garage, Evan started crying. He did get out of the wagon protesting, and when we asked Ella if she was ready to get out, she simply stated, "No." So, what does a good Daddy do? He pulls the cars out of the garage and lets the kids play with their new wagon there! They had a ball.


I went for a walk, and this is what I saw as I pulled out of the driveway...


This is the track where I run/walk. I can assure you I was the ONLY geek there with a camera.


Our community center is really nice and I have loved this walking track that is right above the basketball court. Derek has given me an IPod and that has really helped put a pep in my step. I have downloaded a lot of songs, mainly contemporary Christian. However, I have put some other songs on there that I like, too. The other night I guess I was feeling a little tenderhearted because this song came on and I started bawling right there on the track, especially when he says "I pray for her even more than me." Oh my goodness! I thought it was a one time thing. Then, tonight I cried at this song. The part about the children coming out of Sunday School with smiles on their faces ALWAYS makes me cry no matter how many times I hear it. I'm such a nerd! I don't think anyone saw me or heard me. Crying on top of trying to breathe while running is not a good combo for me. I think next time I will have to wait and listen to these songs at home. So, if you need a good cry, listen to these. They might help. :)

Much love,
Leigh Ann

8 comments:

Traci said...

Your kids look so cute in the wagon! I think mine would really like that, too.

Oh, I can't listen to Remember Me without kleenex! I had never heard the Luther Vandross song. He had a great voice!

Some songs do that to me at church. We will be singing them and I will just listen to everyone and try so hard not to bust out the tears. Love One Another is one of the ones that really gets me everytime!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

I love those wagons! I tried to get rid of ours and Ethan had a fit!!! Those songs are good "cry it out" songs! I love both of them! There are a few songs that I can not listen to . I had to make a "work out" playlist for my Ipod to avoid the crying songs. :) Love the new blog look! You are doing such a great job with it!

Angela said...

We had that wagon at one time, too. My kids loved it! I love your walking track...how great for your "no excuses" exercising, especially with all the rain you have been getting up there. I love the Remember Me song!

Megan L Hutchings said...

You make me laugh! You are such a great mom and you share the best stories!

Candy said...

I love the wagon! What fun walks will be now. :) Your kids are just so cute!! Love that you took a pic of the walking track. What a great place to exercise!

Kelly said...

I'm laughing at you crying and walking - that is SOOO something I would do!!!
LOVE E&E in their little wagon!!!

pengellylove said...

Hey Leigh Ann...I have just changed my blog to being private but wanted to add you to my list of people who can visit the blog but I need your email address...mine is ldrn418@comcast.net...just send me your email when you get time and I will add ya!
Thanks,
Melody Pengelly (the other Ella Grace's mommy :-))

Jessica said...

Awwww! Thank you! Pray for me, sista! : ) I need all the support I can get.