Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm So Excited

I'm so happy because the little community in which we live just got one of these...


It wasn't that far to drive to the nearest Target, but now we can zip down the road for essentials and now have more than one option for a grocery store. We went to check it out this weekend for the "grand opening." It is really nice and we had a good time just browsing. It even has a sushi bar. Who would have thought??? My thought is if I'm in the mood for sushi (I don't eat raw fish, so I'll never be in the mood for it), I'm not going to Wal-Mart to get it!!!


With
Kelly's encouragement, I'm getting a little bit braver on taking random, and, if you will, dorky pictures of myself. I, did, however make sure there was no one else on this isle before Derek took it. I wanted to take Derek's picture with the kids, but he insisted that it be with me in it. I think I embarrass him sometimes! Ha! This is a terrible picture of me, but I'm posting it anyway because the kids look cute! Doesn't Evan look thrilled in this picture? He wasn't quite as excited as I was to shop at the new Wal-Mart. Ella, however, was tickled pink, especially with her new purchase of a piggy bank.

It's the simple things in life that make me happy!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Whoo HOO!!!! I'm glad you took your picture at Wal-Mart! Ya'll look so cute! I bet your family outing to WM was fun!!!!!

Hillary said...

Oh a WM close by...now that's a blessing! I can't imagine being without one! Silly as it may be!!!!
And I'm with you...not going to eat Sushi. I don't like fish cooked much less raw!

His Doorkeeper said...

I'm with Hillary...not going to eat raw fish and I love fish!

Your family looks so sweet in WM and it looks like a fancy new store on the outside. Think they are upscaling the new WM on the outside at least. They are redoing our old WM in the nearest town. It is about 10 years old.

Michele said...

Hi - I found your blog via Kelly's :)

I just had to comment - I lived in M... for 5 months with my newborn twins by myself (husband was away at training) and man, what I would have given for a Wal-Mart! I refused to shop at the Harvest Foods and the Kroger wasn't much better. And now look - you not only have a Wal Mart but a Starbucks - with a DRIVE THRU!! Enjoy!!

Megan said...

Yaay for your new Wel-Mart. Mom went to it yesterday and said it's very nice.

Candy said...

Look at you getting brave with your picture taking! I think Kelly is inspiring us all. :) Glad you have a new store to shop in. My Ella has that piggy bank and loves it! It was fun watching her learn how to get the coins in. I think she got it Christmas before last.

Angela said...

I love Walmart...especially, a new CLEAN Walmart! Also, the great thing about Walmart is they price match other grocery stores prices. Gotta love that!