Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Evan!

Today is my sweet Evan's 6th birthday. Evan didn't go to school today. He slept in! Derek, Ella and I woke Evan by singing "Happy Birthday." Then, we started the morning with lots of birthday calls from family and friends with wishes for a Happy Birthday. Evan opened his presents from us and loved everything he got...a Scooby punching bag, a frizbie, a Playmobil castle, and a fire hose that shoots balls. Then, we were off to get portraits of the kids made. This probably was not Evan's most favorite part of the day, but Christy thinks she got some really great shots of the kids. She did give us a little sneak peek, and I think I'm going to have a hard time making up my mind. We then went out to eat at Chili's for lunch, and I thought it was a MUST to take him to see "Horton Hears a Who" tonight. Evan had a great time, and Ella enjoyed her very first movie. We have had a great day celebrating Evan's 6th birthday! Tomorrow is his big birthday party, so we are in for more fun.


Opening presents first thing. He loved this castle.


Going to see "Horton Hears a Who"


Snacking and watching intently.


Ella Grace loved her first movie. I love the look on her face here.


I love this! Evan would not stand next to his sister. Signs of things to come I guess.

Evan at 2 years old. This is one of my most favorite pictures of him.

The name Evan means "The Lord is gracious" and "God is good," and oh how I have seen God's grace and goodness working through Evan's life. Evan has a big story for a little guy of only six years. I'll share more about that real soon.

Happy Birthday, my precious son. You are my heart, and I love you so much! -Mommy

8 comments:

Candy said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet! I almost cried. What a fun day ya'll had together! Glad they enjoyed the movie. They both look so cute!! We are having a joint party tomorrow for Ethan and Ella. We could be partying together tomorrow! Ha!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Evan!

Was that movie good?

Sarah said...

This brought tears to my eyes. You are blessed with your sweet boy, and he is blessed with a wonderful family. A child could not ask for better parents!

Happy Birthday Evan! You touch more lives than you know!

Kelly said...

This was such a sweet post Leigh Ann. This sounds like a wonderful day!!!! He is so lucky to have you as a mom!

Meredith said...

Aww! Happy (late) Birthday Evan! How fun you all had!

Angela said...

Happy late Birthday! I hope ya'll had fun at the party!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I loved this post! Vance turned one in February and it breaks my heart and excites me to think about him at 6. You are such a sweet mom! I really want to take Vance to the movies, but I am unsure of how he will do...any suggestions?

His Doorkeeper said...

You know Evan is about the most handsome little boy I've ever seen!
Can you believe how fast the time as gone by? When they start school, the time goes faster year by year! Happy birthday to Evan!