Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm 17 Months, and By the Way, I Can Count!

Today, Ella Grace turns 17 months old. Time is flying and it is so bittersweet. It is impossible to relate the joy she brings me and the fun we have. We were shopping one day this week and she LOVED these sunglasses, so we just had to get them. She wore them around the mall making all kinds of admirers along the way! She cracks me up!


Then, on the way to dinner tonight, she starts counting. I knew she could count to five, but she counted all the way to ten without missing one number! Derek and I just looked at each other. "Did you teach her that," I asked him. "No, did you," he asked me. I guess she picked it up from Evan or a video. It is so cute! I tried to get her to do it again. I was able to catch it with the video on my camera. Of course, this time I had to prompt her a couple of times, but she did it. She was counting my fingers and I couldn't get my other hand going while holding the camera at that same time. I know she is sideways and there is all kinds of craziness at the end...I'm still learning! :) Here it is...

3 comments:

Candy said...

I LOVE her sunglasses! She is too cute. The counting is adorable. What a smart girl she is!

Angela said...

Your girl has good taste at such a young age...her glasses are cute! I love the video!

Megan L Hutchings said...

She is absolutely precious!!!! I love both of your country accents =)! The sunglasses are adorable!!!!