Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Kids Do a Heart Good

Evan LOVES his new trampoline. Derek had it all together except for the safety net by the time Evan got home from school. Evan couldn't wait though! He jumped while Derek finished it up. He was so happy! I think it's the best thing we have ever bought! This will definitely provide hours of summer fun!

Happy Boy

Happy Boy in Action

Today Derek was off work and we went to the mall to shop at Gymboree. They were having a good sale! While we were there, we took Ella Grace to Build a Bear for the first time to get a bear made for her. She loves babies and stuffed animals, so we knew this would be something she would really enjoy.

She wasted no time picking out a bear.

She watched intently as the Build a Bear worker stuffed her bear.

The sweetest thing was when she looked up at Derek and told him, "Thank you," (with no prompting) as she loved on her new friend. She is such a sweet girl.

The three of us along with a new bear in a jazzy summer outfit.

I just couldn't resist this as I was walking behind Derek and EG in the mall. How sweet!!!


It's been a great day!

10 comments:

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

How cute is that! I just love BABW! That is so sweet of EG! and Evan on the trampoline.. how happy is he! I forgot all about the Gymboree sale.. I must go online now and see what they have! Thanks for sharing. Love the pictures. Glad you had such a good day.

Meagan said...

I just have a big smile on my face after reading your post! What a wonderful day! You and your husband are such a cute couple - and those kids... just little dolls! The trampoline will no doubt be a BIG TIME winnder for summer fun - we had one when I was a kid!! I loved the picture of Derek and EG holding hands walking in the mall - precious! Have a beautiful evening girl and gear up for a great weekend!!!

Candy said...

I'm glad ya'll had a great day! Evan does look VERY happy on his new trampoline. He will really enjoy having it this summer. Ethan already has plans to put the sprinkler underneath ours as soon as possible. :) Little Ella is precious at Build a Bear!! Fun, fun times. :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

How adorable was this! I have a happy heart after reading about EG and her new Build A Bear! I hope one day Vance will want one =)!

The trampoline is AWESOME!

His Doorkeeper said...

Ella with her bear is so sweet and that picture of Derek and her walking hand in hand is priceless! Put that in the baby book!!

The Garners said...

That is a great day! R has a bear from there that Alexee loves to play with...we should take her bear shopping for one of her own!

The Garners said...

I'm so glad Evan loves his new trampoline--that will make for lots of summer fun! He's so cute!

Kelly said...

I love that picture of Derek and EG and I love how ya'll always spend your Fridays doing something fun.

Angela said...

That Build-A-Bear is a great place for kids! They just love it don't they? Looks like a fun day! I'm thinking we'll end up with a trampoline before long.

Lauren said...

That picture of EG and Derek is priceless. Can you imagine having that same pose taken for her wedding? Precious!