Ella Grace is 19 months old today. Today...
- She insisted on wearing her beach hat to take Evan to school today. She LOVES accessories.
- She cries (I mean sounds like her heart is breaking) EVERY time I put her down for a nap or to bed. Today she wanted to take "Baby" and "Bunnit" (Bunny Rabbit) to bed with her. She clutched "Baby" under one arm and "Bunnit" under the other, let me lay her down, and then with her little hand waved "Bye Bye" to me. I wanted to snatch her up right then and tell her she didn't have to take a nap, but I didn't. It just melted my heart.
- She bossed Evan around a bit by telling him, "No, no." She is such a little mother.
- We read her favorite book, "Things I Love," A LOT.
- She ran toward me several times, arms outstretched, saying "Hugs." She wrapped her little arms around my neck so tight. Oh, I love this age!
This is when Ella Grace first met her Daddy. She was two days old. She came early, so Derek couldn't make it home from Iraq in time. He cried when I told him over the phone she was already here. He hated that he missed it, but I was just happy he got to come home at all! Believe me, they have made up for lost time! :)
Here she is at 5 months. You can't tell in this picture, but she sported a "Eddie Munster" hairline for a long time. :) She pulled it off beautifully!