Saturday, May 2, 2009

Where the Heart Is


Kelly has invited all to participate in sharing a little piece of ourselves through showing different rooms of our homes. This week was all about the kitchen.

I do love our kitchen. I guess I love it most because it is where we spend a lot of our time.

Here is the view from the hallway.

I have particularly enjoyed these counter tops. They must be a favorite because I think most of my friends have the same granite. It looks great with stained cabinets or white and has a flex of silver mixed in with the black and brown that really compliments stainless appliances.

I love painted cabinets, but since it was in our last house, I decided to do something different and go with stained. I've really enjoyed it for something different.

This is the breakfast area that we rarely use. The bar stools are used most of the time and I find myself just eating over the sink (especially when Derek is out of town or working). My kids are ready to eat at 5:00 on the dot, so they usually eat at the bar before Derek even gets home from work. They are hungry little ones in the afternoons!

I love this little corner. It has my all-time favorite picture of Evan and a little bowl turned candle holder with the help of some coffee beans.

I'm not the best decorator and require lots of help from my sister, Melinda, who is very creative. She actually decorated my kitchen. She turned these tassels into cute little napkin rings.

Well, that's about it. Thanks for stopping by. If you were actually at my house, you would be disappointed because I don't have anything yummy to offer you to eat. I am on a diet and there is nothing but rabbit food around here! Ha! We are trying to get ready for summer! ;) I'm looking forward to stopping by your kitchens soon!

19 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your kitchen! Beautiful colors that blend well together! I love the napkin ring idea! Very creative!!

mother of three fellas said...

Love the napkin rings, and of course the kitchen! :)

Angie Seaman said...

Great kitchen. Thanks for sharing. Found you thru Kelly's blog. Just got my kitchen tour post up today. Little late. Ha ha! :)
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com (photography blog)

Carri said...

Great kitchen! I love the cabinets and the wall color! Thanks for sharing!

Scrapper Mom said...

oh I just love, love, love it!! I'm going to have to bookmark this page. I just might have to copy your kitchen if I ever do get to remodel mine!!! (maybe I can come see it in person since we don't live that far from each other!! lol)

Jodee said...

I love, love, love your kitchen! We eat at 5:00 on the dot too!

Laura said...

I love your kitchen, Leigh Ann! I love your style, too! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is beautiful Leigh Ann! Your granite counters and stainless appliances are what I've been wanting forever!!

Jamie said...

What a pretty kitchen! And it's SO clean and tidy--does it always look like that (please tell me it doesn't!?!?) :) In my kitchen I feel like I'm in a constant battle with boxes of Goldfish crackers, empty sippy cups, sticky things like pancake syrup, junk mail, etc.!
Thank you for the tour. That is a precious picture of Evan!

Betsy said...

Your kitchen is sooo pretty, Leigh Ann! I love your counter tops, especially. You definitely have a creative flair for decorating.

I hope you are having a good weekend!! Love and hugs to you!

Jacquie said...

I love your kitchen!!! The counter top and cabinets are just beautiful.

(There's not much fun stuff to eat at our house either!!)

Bamawhitney said...

Love your big beautiful kitchen!

Lynn said...

Your kitchen is so pretty. The cabinet stain is a great color and will blend with any style you choose to decorate with. The tassels as a napkin ring are a good idea, I have not thought of that one. A few years ago I told my neighbor she has too many tassels in her house and now I have my own love affair with them. :) You have a beautiful home. BTW-I think I saw you guys outside at your house recently, if it was your house. One of my girls has a friend that lives near you. (if that was you)

Michelle said...

I really do like your tile back splash. Your kitchen is very very pretty. Good job.

Kelley said...

I love your kitchen! It is beautiful!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Very Pretty! It look so homey.

Kristen said...

Nothing but rabbit food here either - isn't that just sad? I love your kitchen, you have so much space! And I think I have the same kitchen table as you! Mine might be quite a few years older and worn though since it was handed down from my mom!

Lauren said...

Your kitchen is beautiful, LAH! I love the granite...hmmm...wonder why? :)

I'm on my way with some Krispy Kreme.

Jocelyn said...

Cute! I'm updating my kitchen this week (new granite counters and sink on Tuesday, new back splash and faucet today) and I'm SO excited!