Monday, May 11, 2009

A Great Weekend

It's been over a week since I last blogged. Wow! That is a record for me. I've missed it and I've missed all of you! I have been so busy with just day-to-day stuff and training for the 5K and doing Boot Camp. I am just zapped at night and just feel like going to be when I could be blogging.

We have been busy around here, but we've been having a lot of fun, too.

Friday, we headed down town for Ella Grace's very first concert...Kris Allen from American Idol. He only sang for about seven minutes. I heard he had a very full schedule. It was fun to be a part of the AI experience, even in just a little way. I really hope he wins.


We took EG to lunch before her first show.

The concert goers. I think EG was more impressed with the dog next to her that was wearing some sort of rain jacket.


Saturday morning I ran the 5K for the Women Run Arkansas Clinic. It was such a blast! I ran the entire 3 miles without stopping. That was my goal, so it felt good to cross the finish line having done that. I ran a little over 12.5 minute miles. Maybe next year I'll be a little faster. It was such a great experience all around. I made some great new friends and it was just awesome to see women in our community coming together.

I thought our shirts we so cute. This is what the back said.

My sister works just about every Saturday, but this Saturday she was off and surprised me by coming to the race. Isn't that SOOOO sweet?

I trained mainly with Faye and Rachel. I know Rachel because our husbands were deployed together. I was so excited when I saw her at the first clinic. She and her mom were a mother/daughter team. Her mom has lost 100 lbs. by following Weight Watchers and working out. She was a MACHINE (not to mention a huge inspiration)!

My running buddies.

Me and my biggest supporter.

The cheering section...my sister Millicent, Derek and Rachel husband, Cole. I thought it was funny that the ambulance was in the back ground!

Coming in the home stretch. It felt SO good to cross that finish line!


Saturday night we headed over to my sister's house to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. We had a great time. We always do when we are together.

Sweet little snaggletoothed Evan!

Me, Millicent, my other sister Melinda, EG and my mom.

LOVE him!

Sweet Ella Grace!

I am one BLESSED Momma to have Evan and Ella Grace.

Derek, Evan and Ella Grace spoiled me. I got a Croc (not the shoes) for Mother's Day. Ladies, this thing has changed my life. I have been a fan of the Chi iron for years now. I didn't think anything could be better. Well, the Croc is amazing and is making a difference in trying to straighten this crazy head of hair I have! Ha! Looooove it!!!


I think I am getting old because I was so excited when we went to pick up a new vacuum Sunday. I have had mine for 12 years and it was on its last leg. Derek had some great coupons, so we got a Dyson. It is amazing! I am looking for reasons to vacuum. Never thought I'd do that! It was funny that Derek felt the need to tell the Best Buy guy that this vacuum was NOT my Mother's Day present. Ha!


Wheeew. I think that about catches us up. I just feel incredibly blessed to have this little family of mine. I hope all of you amazing moms out there had a wonderful day!

15 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I am so proud of you running that 5K Leigh Ann! What a huge accomplishment, and how fun to have your own cheering section. You go, girl!!!

Tell me more about the Croc. Never heard of it, but I adore my chi.

Angela said...

Yippee! You blogged! You should be MAJOR proud of yourself for running a 5K. What an accomplishment!

You look so pretty for your Mother's Day festivities! I love all the pictures.

Yep, what is this Croc? This maybe should be it's own post...with a before and after shot of your hair. HA!

Kelly said...

1. Leigh Ann - you are so pretty!
2. Congrats on the 5k - I'm so proud of you. I can't hardly walk across the house. ha!
3. I'm jealous you got to see Kris Allen!!!
4. What is this croc??? I need one!
5. I dream sweet dreams of owning a dyson one day. Is it sad that I'd rather have a dyson than a gucci purse or diamond earrings.

Bamawhitney said...

Congrats on the 5K and what a busy time you have had! You will love the DYSON!!!

mother of three fellas said...

you will love the dyson, I've had mine for a while now, and it's great. Congradulations on the 5k! :)

Jodee said...

I am soooo jealous too! We love Kris Allen at our house. I hope he wins!

Congrats on your run! It looks like you had a blast!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I have missed you so much but I know/understand you are one busy lady :)!!!

*I am so proud of you for running in the 5K! It looks like you all had a GREAT time.

*I have never heard of the Croc, but man oh man it sounds genuis :)!

*I have a Dyson and I LOVE it! It is the little things I tell you that make a difference.

*I AM SO GLAD YOU HAD A WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY B/C YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST!

Kandi West said...

LOVE that Derek told the Best Buy guy that...15 years of marriage has done him well.
I have the Croc hairdryer and I can't say enough about it. I've been wanting the flat iron but didn't know if it would make THAT much difference over the Chi...now I'm going to have to have it. SIGH!
Loved seeing your pictures from the race! So proud of you!

Jenna said...

i am so proud of your 5k!! seriously, you are awesome and you look SO pretty in all these pictures. glad ya'll had a great weekend!

hope the rest of your week goes well, my friend!

Heather said...

LOVE catching up with you! I had to do the same thing today...a catch-up post!! I wish we could have seen you at the concert or that I would have come out to the race!!! Congrats- isn't crossing the finish line the best feeling?!?!!?
I love that turq. necklace you are wearing in the pic!!!
You are just so fun, Leigh Ann! I love reading about and seeing pics of you and your sweet fam!
Please come meet Avery Kate sometime this summer!!! (She is going to be here in less than a week....WHAT?!?!?!)

Betsy said...

Good for you, Leigh Ann! That sounds like a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Congralations for running the 5K! You look so pretty too!! Loved all of your Mother's Day pictures!
P.S.
I'm a HUGE Kris Allen fan!!

Jacquie said...

Yay for the 5K run!!! That's a HUGE accomplishment.

So glad you had a great Mother's Day weekend.

You are always so cute in your photos... and Evan looks SO much like his momma!

Amy said...

Got a Dyson last year. Mine is yellow and is it for All Floors. We have hardwoods and tile now and I like it a lot!

So proud of you for the 5K! Email me about that...I'm interested. How often do they have these training things? I need some people to help me! I want to do one! :)

Lauren said...

I am totally impressed that you ran that marathon. Unbeliveable. I know I couldn't do it...you'd see me being taken away in the ambulance, giving you the thumbs-up sign. :)

Ok - I'm going to ask this: Is there some reason that your sisters' names both start with "M", but yours doesn't?

EG is so precious!