Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kris Video

I'm so excited about Kris Allen winning AI. I felt a little silly when I found myself bawling at the end of that loooong two hour show, especially when Ella Grace asked me, "Momma, are you so proud? Are you crying?" Ha! I just love it when other people's dreams come true. I cry at the end of pageants, big sporting events, Hallmark commercials, etc. Just the way I roll.

A friend of mine on FaceBook posted this video of Kris leading worship at my church. It also features my home town. These are spots I see daily. Thought you might like to see a glimpse of my church and my town. Plus, Kris' version of "God of this City" is amazing. LOVE that song! I hope you enjoy it. I couldn't get it to upload, but you can copy and paste this address to see it.

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=81670628151&h=3LGIU&u=kBPzn&ref=nf

11 comments:

Kelly said...

I LOVE this!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooo proud that he won! He deserved it!!!!! He is a great guy and I'm so excited! (can you tell?)

Hana said...

I just love that song! It's awesome...and sooo awesome that he WON!
Just thought I'd say Hello! My 13 mos old daughter's name is Ella Grace too! Such a beautiful name if I do say so myself!

Cari said...

I just HAD to comment :) I saw your comment over at Kelly's site and just had to share that my husband and I are expecting our first and just found out its a girl, and her name?? Ella Grace. We love it, I can only hope she's as CUTE as your little girl! What's funny is that I've always been known by my first and middle name my whole life (Cari Beth) and I think we're going to call Ella, Ella Grace. I *think* from your blog, that's how you call your little girl too. You have a beautiful family!

Faith said...

That is so cool!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I am so glad that he won. Yippee!!!

Laurie said...

I was crying with ya! I am soooooo glad he won!!!!!!!!!! I love that song!

Traci said...

I, too, cry when big groups come together! I am trying to toughen up, tho!

Loved that song. So touching!

Megan L Hutchings said...

You and me both Lah :)! I always cry a river at sporting events or when parents express how proud they are of their children!

Go Kris!!!

Jacquie said...

That was a pretty awesome win, wasn't it?? I'm off to check out the video!

Kelley said...

I love the video! Thanks for sharing. He is an amazing young man. I don't really like the term idol, to me he is more of a role model. I am so glad that a talented, good guy won!
It is really neat that you know him.

Lauren said...

I am so glad he won!!!!!

Kim said...

For some reason, I can see you crying at these things! haha