Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things are Lookin' Up

Thank you all for the sweet encouragement you all have given me after last week. I just love my blog friends, and I feel so blessed to have found each and every one of you through blogland! Thank you for praying for Evan (and for me)!

This is a MUCH better week. Evan is back to his little self, and I am so glad! Maybe it was the time change or the weather. I don't know, but it has passed and I am SO thankful. He is eating take-out Mexican right now (his favorite)! Plus, he is out of school the rest of the week, and I know I'll enjoy some extra time with my sweet boy.

Right now this is what both my boys are doing. They are both on their laptops! Evan is truly amazing on the computer, so we had this old laptop repaired for him. I definitely see a career in computers in his future.

I don't know about you, but I am getting SO excited about Christmas. In the past, I have been one of "those" people who didn't put their tree up until about mid-December and usually I only minimally decorated. Not this year! I am super excited about decorating and feel the Christmas spirit flowing big time. The Junior League of Little Rock puts on an event every year called Holiday House. They have all kinds of vendors and sell anything you can imagine from children's clothing to Christmas Decorations to party food. Michelle, Abby, and I set out last Thursday night for some shopping. I picked up a Christmas present for Derek and some decor mesh for my Christmas tree. If you haven't seen or heard about this mesh, it makes all the difference in decorating a tree. I got some last year, and I loved it. It is super easy to use and really fills in the tree. I got another roll for my tree and also a more shimmery style for my front door. I'm going to attempt some sort of garland decoration around my door.

I picked up these Razorback Tervis Tumblers for Derek. I just knew he would love them, and he DOES because he has already found them when he was cleaning out the car. Rascal!

I try to pick this mesh up at Holiday House because I can't find it anywhere else. It really is fantastic.

Derek and I also have Santa all taken care of. This is also very uncharacteristic of me at Christmas time. I rarely have any shopping, let alone ALL of Santa, done by Thanksgiving. We have found some things I know Evan and Ella Grace (and probably their Daddy, too) are really going to enjoy. We got most of their things at Toy Up, but I just couldn't find the play kitchen there I was hoping to find for EG. I thought about ordering one from Pottery Barn Kids, but it was way more than I wanted to spend. I wanted something wooden and something that would match her room. Then, we were at Target, and I saw this...

It was on display, and EG got a chance to play with it and loved it! I think this will be the last year we can try out a Santa gift first. Ha! It will match her room and is SO cute. Plus, it was half the price of the one from Pottery Barn! Had I known how good it felt to have shopping done early, I sure would have been doing this a long time ago.

Now, if all that isn't enough, I am super excited about going on a girls' trip this weekend with my three best friends...my mom and sisters. Saturday is my mom's birthday and we are taking a trip to Branson to go shopping! We haven't been on a trip together in 12 years (last one was when my mom turned 50). I am so excited about spending some time with them. Who knows. Maybe I'll also knock out the rest of my Christmas shopping. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Lastly, I got to spend the day with my handsome Veteran! We have been dieting (we both lost six pounds last week), so we celebrated with a "cheat" of a cheeseburger. It was SOOOO good! :)

I hope you all are off to a good week! Hugs!!!

20 comments:

Angela said...

Wow! This post made me happy. After last week I'm so glad to hear some good news. Evan is cute with his laptop!

I need to see this mesh stuff on your tree. You'll have to post a picture when you get it up. I don't think I've ever seen it.

Done with Santa? I can't even believe it. I JUST bought the first Christmas gift for my kids today. I'm sure it feels GREAT to have it done.

Have a good weekend with your mom and sisters! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Faith said...

So glad to hear this wonderful update!! Sounds like you have been busy and doing some fun things. I'm so impressed with your shopping progress. I love the little kitchen for EG - so cute!!

I went to ship your tote today and totally forgot the post office was closed! It will go out tomorrow though!

Oh, and please tell your veteran THANK YOU!!

Candy said...

Funny! I was going to say the same thing Angela said! HMM... no wonder we are friends! ha! No, really this post made me really happy too!!! It cheered me up just reading it and made me ready for Christmas and fun family times! :) I'm so glad things are lookin' up!

Meredith said...

That is so great that Evan is better now! I love the pic of the boys w/ their laptops! So sweet! I hope you all have a marvelous time in Branson! Fun! And love the kitchen for EG!

Scrapper Mom said...

Wowee!! Six pounds in a week. That's amazing. Good job. You deserved an award...and another for getting all that shopping done. You've inspired me. Maybe I need to get on the ball.

Becky said...

I'm so glad to hear you and Evan are doing better this week! I put the finishing touches on my tree yesterday and believe it or not am almost finished christmas shopping. Hope you girlies have fun this weekend in Branson, wish I could go!!!

Kelly said...

I loved everything in this post!
Glad Evan is doing better - love him and Derek on the laptops! He is so smart!
I LOVE the mesh!!!!! I used it last year and bought a bunch more for this year - which I won't use much because I'm just doing one little tree.
I'm glad you are going on a trip with your "girls"!!! I hope ya'll have a GREAT time!
Tell Derek I thought of him today and I'm so proud of him!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are having a great week! I just love the play kitchen for Ella Grace, it's adorable! Have a wonderful weekend trip, it sounds like so much fun!!

The Garners said...

I'm so glad to hear that E is doing better! That's great news!

I am, however, very jealous about your Christmas shopping. I meant to start early this year--how is it almost Thanksgiving already!?!?! That must be a great feeling, and the kitchen set is super duper cute! Good job!

The Garners said...

P.S. Have a fun girls' weekend--that sounds wonderful!

Deidre said...

My girls just played with that same kitchen today in Target. You're right - it is so cute. I hope Ella Grace loves it!

So glad you're having a better week :)

Jacquie said...

SIX pounds in a week? I'm shooting for 6 pounds by New Year's! Amazing.

Glad your week has been better. Ah, the cycles of motherhood!

I'll be in Fayetteville this weekend or I'd try to get you to stop somewhere close on your way through her to Branson so I could hug your neck!!

Kandi West said...

I am so happy to hear this week has been better! I was actually thinking that I would call you tomorrow and "check in". Maybe I will anyway though!
I, too, have been busily getting the "work" of Christmas done early so that I can enjoy it more this year. I guess that moving the week before Christmas last year did me in. I can NEVER be as disorganized and grinchy for Christmas again!
Love you much!

Michele said...

I love that kitchen. We are totally out of room here or I'd get that. Oh. Wait. We don't have Target so maybe that's another reason I won't be getting it. LOL.

I'm impressed that you are done with Santa - I have a few things put away but not done!

And yes, I'm so very thankful for our veterans - we would not have the life we enjoy today without their sacrifice - and yours too. The families of our armed forces sacrifice greatly too. Thank you.

Megan L Hutchings said...

So much to comment on, I do not know where to start ;).

1) I am so happy that Evan is back to his old self ;). He looks adorably cute in the shirt...just saying.

2) Our Junior League does something similiar called Hollyday Marketplace. I am going this weekend with my mom and hope to find some great gifts.

3) I am really in the Christmas Spirit too ;)! This might sound awful but I am already excited about next year too. Oh I pray to be out on the farm on Christmas Morning! I love to get shopping done early too. It makes me feel a little prepared during the crazy time.

4) Dieting? You look amazing!

5) I hope you have a great time with your family :)!

Last but not least...hug Derek for me ;)!

Lauren said...

My favorite thing about this post is Evan wearing his shirt. ;)

I can't wait to see this mesh dealy - I've never heard of that!

Lots of hugs and thank you's to Derek!

Meagan said...

Congrats on the 6 pounds sister... lucky duck! I stated back at the gym this week... you are inspiring me!! :-) EG's kitchen is SO adorable! I love the target kitchen stuff, I have seen it before... I'm like you, I like the wooden things - so cute!

I am SO with you on the Christmas spirit! My "spirit" level goes up and down and this year it is Up UP UP!!!! I am already almost done shopping and just can't wait to put my tree up!

Love you girl! Hope your week keeps being great!!!!

His Doorkeeper said...

Look at you on top of the world!! Happy news about Evan doing better, you've got a great trip lined up with you Mom and sisters, you've just about got your Christmas shopping done and you've lost 6 pounds to boot!!

So very happy for you!! On all counts!

Heather said...

I love that kitchen for EG!! Too cute! I have all of Connor's santa, too, and I am proud of myself!!!
Hope you have a great girls' weekend!

mrs shortcake said...

what cute stove! We're going to start trying soon, and my mom is already stocking up on cute baby and toddler toys! I'm glad everything is going well!