Friday, November 14, 2008

Paintin' Pottery

This morning I took Ella Grace on an outing with our local Mommy & Me group to a pottery studio. Ella Grace was so excited to go "paint," and we got to meet up my one of my favorite friends, Kim, and her two sweet kiddos. There was so much to choose from as far as pottery to paint, but I/we decided on a Christmas tree ornament and a butterfly. Since it was our first time, I didn't want it to be too ambitious!

I really wanted to get Ella Grace's hand print, but she was not having it. You know, that would require her to get a little messy, and the girl does NOT like messes! Ha! She did a great job painting the ornament red and then she was more interested in watching all the other kids paint. There were SO many people in the studio. It was pretty much organized chaos, so there was a lot for her to watch. In the end, she also painted a butterfly. I had to finish it up though. :) All in all, it was a great time and afterward we met Derek and Evan for lunch at Chili's.

Ella Grace painting her butterfly (pink of course).
You can also see our red ornament with green and white polka dots in the background. The colors are supposed to be more vibrant once it is "fired." I just want to know where these places were when I was a kid. I would have LOVED doing stuff like this.

I hope you all have an excellent weekend. I'm off early in the morning for my girls' trip with my mom and sisters. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post when I get home (all to the protest of my girls...they like to look at my blog, but they don't necessarily enjoy being the feature of a post...hee hee). They are just going to have to get over it. Ha!

11 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

HOW MUCH FUN! I have done that a couple of times and I LOVE it ;)! I am with...too bad we did not have those when we were little ;)!

The ornament looks adorable :)! What a great idea!

Have fun this weekend ;)!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love those places too. My girls have both had birthday parties at our local one, and it's GREAT. Everyone gets to make something, and the birthday girl gets a plate with her age and all of the birthday guests' names around the edge. It's an adorable keepsake!

Michelle said...

I always wanted to do that. I dont have girls so I never really got around to that.
Looks like you all had a great day for GIRLS!!!

Faith said...

How fun! I am loving that polka dot ornament!!! It will be so cute.

Hope you have fun with the girls!!

In His Army said...

This is always one of my favorite activities and I have been wanting to do this so badly!

Meredith said...

I still love painting pottery! :) Is the pottery place you went to called "The Painted Pig?" I wanted to know because my sister knows the owners, the Maxwells. EG looks precious and I am sure the ornament will look even better once it is all finished! Have a blast in Branson!

Meagan said...

Hey girl! This looks like so much fun!!! I have always wanted to go to one of those places and paint pottery, I just have never gotten around to ti!

Have the BEST time on your trip and be careful! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Jacquie said...

I used to do that as a kid, too. I'll always remember it - it was so fun.

Hope your girls day was fun. I bet Branson was WILD!!

Becky said...

Love the polka dotted ornament! It's soooo cute! Hope Branson wasn't as cold on Saturday as it was in Fayetteville!!! Burrrrrrr!!! Can't wait to see your pics of girls weekend!

Lauren said...

I love that EG was not feelin' the "mess"! That's hilarious! It looks like your polka-dot ornament is going to be super-cute!

I hope you have a great time with your mom and sisters!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! It looks like you both had so much fun!! I'll have to look and see if there is a place around here that does that, the boys would love it!! Hope you have a wonderful girls weekend!!