Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Branson

I haven't been to Branson since I was a little girl and my parents took my sisters and me to Silver Dollar City. I have always heard people rave about Branson, but I just thought it was all "country" with shows. Not that I don't like country music and a good show, but it just didn't sound like a fun way to spend time off. Wow, was I wrong! I have totally been missing out. It was not what I expected at all!

My mom, sisters and I headed out early Saturday morning...

My mom, my sisters, Millicent and Melinda and me. I was so excited.

When we arrived, we hit the shopping right away. We went to the Disney store first. How fun! My mom got Ella Grace the most beautiful Cinderella dress-up outfit with shoes that light up. That girl is going to be in heaven!

Mom and me outside a shop. It was VERY windy and VERY cold. With the Christmas music that played in the background, it definitely felt like Christmas time. We even saw snow flurries!

I got these cute Christmas decorations with our names on them...



I got some Christmas shopping done, which I was so excited about, and I also got some shopping done for ME! hee hee. My sisters and I bought these boots. Of course, I made them pose with them. Ha!

We saw girls in these boots everywhere. In the store we bought them, we got the last several pair they had left. We began to wonder if we were too old to wear them since every "girl" we saw wearing them seemed to be 14 and under. ha! We did see some girls our age wearing them, too. We got quite a bit of attention walking together wearing the same boots. It kind of felt like I was back in junior high walking around the mall with my friends while wearing the same outfits. It was SO funny!

After the afternoon of shopping, we headed over to check in to our hotel. We stayed at the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing. It was SO nice. It looked exactly like the pictures on their website.
The shopping was right below our room!

That night we took my mom out to dinner for her birthday. We took her to Joe's Crab Shack. Before we left, they adorned her with a crown and birthday sash and the restaurant sang to her. My mom can be a little shy, but she was a VERY good sport.

The birthday princess.

After dinner we went back to our room for our slumber party. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Sunday, we went to downtown Branson for more shopping. I got more Christmas presents marked off my list. Woo hoo! The funnest part was taking my mom shopping for new clothes. My sisters and I helped her pick out some things and bought them for her.

I had THE best time with my girls. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful mother and two great sisters. They were all my first friends, and now they are my best friends! :)

29 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Girl I am ready to pack my bags and head to Branson ;)! HOW MUCH FUN!!!

Your sisters are so beautiful and you all look so "cute" in your matching boots ;)!

Candy said...

Oh, Leigh Ann!!! That looks like so much fun! I'm so glad ya'll had such a great time together! Your boots are SO CUTE!!! :)
I also haven't been to Branson since I was little and went to Silver Dollar City! ha!

Cortney said...

Soooo fun!!! I love the boots and the cute ornament with all of your names on it. We're planning a trip to Branson in a few weeks, and I can't wait!!!

Amanda Ledford said...

Ohhhh, I love the boots! I've been thinking about a pair, are they comfy? I think I need to make a trip to Branson, it looks so fun!

Tracy said...

How fun...and I am so jealous! I just emailed my sister for a girls trip with mom...you inspired me! :)P.S. I LOVE the boots!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I have heard people rave about Branson too and have always wanted to go there... after seeing your pics, I REALLY want to go there! LOL

Jacquie said...

I LOVE this post, Leigh Ann. It was so fun to read. Y'all are adorable in your boots!

I'm planning a trip to Branson sometime in the next week! Yay! Trying to beat the madhouse it becomes during Christmas shopping season. I always tell my peeps that I want to stay at the Landing when we decide to spend the night. That would be fun!

Heather said...

Shopping trips with the girls are the best! I am so happy you had a great time with your mom and sisters. Cute boots!!

Laura said...

I am so glad you had such a great weekend with your family. What is the age difference between you and your sisters? Just curious.

Michele said...

How fun!! What a special bond you all have :)

Angela said...

You are so lucky to have sisters. You've got "built in best friends." (I know it was probably not always sweet :)).

The boots are cute and it looks like you had a great trip.

Becky said...

What a beautiful bunch of ladies!! Your mom looks so cute in her crown and banner! Love the ornament! But I really love the picture of your hotel. WOW!! Would love to stay there sometime. Glad you guys had a great trip.

Faith said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I love all the pictures, especially the ones with the boots. Y'all are too cute!

Love the fun background!!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

oh how fun! I love the pictures! I can't wait to go back and go shopping! I am having some major withdrawals and your pictures just confirmed my need to shop! The boots are too cute! Your sisters are such good sports! I have such great memories of fun times with you at your house! I am glad you had such a wonderful time with "your girls"!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I LOVE your Christmas ornaments!! Those are so cute, and your boots too!! Looks like a wonderful time!!!

Scrapper Mom said...

I don't have the "every year" tradition of going, but my mom and dad do. My dad always likes going Veterans day weekend b/c he is a Veteran and he can get in free to all of stuff and EAT free. My mom likes the sales.

My family and I do go fairly often though....every few years. Did you see their lights? They are always awesome.

Julie said...

What a fabulous sisters weekend!!! It has been some time since I had a sister weekend! :(

I love the boots you gals got. Those are very popular here in OK. I've even seen younger girlies wear them with jogging pants!!!!?????

You are a beautiful family!!

Megan said...

Your mom and sisters are so pretty. I love the new boots~where are they from? I'm jealous of your trip to Branson!!

Heather said...

Now I am wanting to go there and SHOP! So glad you had such a good time!

The Garners said...

This sounds like such a super fun weekend with your girls!!! The picture of the boots is great--I love them! I wish I had a pair! And snow flurries--wow!--what a bonus to help get you guys in the Christmas spirit!

Meredith said...

So glad you had a BALL in Branson! I love the picture of you and your sisters w/ the cute boots on! OH and I love personalized anything-but especially Christmas! Cute!

Betsy said...

How funnnnnn!!!!! Ya'll are all so cute and it looks like a perfect weekend! I LOVE your Uggs!! My girls all have some and they love theirs. You look adorable in them!! I've always wanted to go to Branson. Maybe someday...

tondays said...

i'm leaving in just a few hours for my yearly Christmas shopping trip to Branson.. I love it there this time of year, it is so beautiful with all of the Christmas lights & decorations. So glad you had a good time.

pengellylove said...

Love the boots girl! Glad you had a good trip at Branson, where did you get those cute ornaments? I may be going there this weekend??
Mel

Katie said...

Y'all look so cute in your boots! I love that second pose!!

Kelly said...

That weekend looks like so much fun - I wish I was one of your sisters!
Ya'll look ADORABLE in those boots - I want some! Ya'll were there on the coldest day!!! But it made it seem like Christmas I bet.
And how cute is your mom in that crown and sash???? I bet you will look just like her one day! SOOOOO cute!

In His Army said...

THis picture of your mom is adorable! Looks like you had a blast in Branson...the boots are cute too! I always feel kind of silly when I wear my mine--I don't want people to think I am trying to pretend I am ten years younger than I really am, but they are just SO comfortable!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great time.
I love those boots. I been wanting to get me a pair like that but I have been to nervous about it wondering what they would look like on me.
I think I am gonna have to go get some today.
What brand are those? TOO CUTE! :)

Meagan said...

I'm behind on my blog reading!

What a WONDERFUL way to spend a weekend! I am so glad you all got to do that together - it doesn't get much better than that!!!!

p.s. LOVE the boots!