Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pee Pee in the Potty

There is nothing better than when your two-year-old daughter takes herself to the potty and tells you afterward she has gone.

Ella Grace has taken herself once and asked me twice today to go "potty." She is doing great. She has been wearing panties and has been doing fairly well staying dry. She informed Evan's doctor out of the blue today that she has "dry panties" and she "gets candy." Ha! However, now she is telling me, "Come on. Hurry. Pee pee potty," a lot when I know her only motivation is candy. She briefly sits down and is then ready for "candy." I'm not above a little Skittles bribery, but I think I've created a little monster. LOL!

11 comments:

Becky said...

Good girl EG!!!! You know us girls we'll do anything for a piece of candy. Cortney has been potty training Cade too! She has a jar of gummy bears on the back of the potty and if he goes he gets to pick a color. She said the other day she had never seen a child that could pee pee on command!!! Sounds like little boys will do anything for candy too! LOL!!!

Laura said...

Congrats! At least you found something that WORKS!!! That's the most important thing!

Go EG!!!

In His Army said...

That's great! Way to go EG!

Scrapper Mom said...

Candy works every time!! ha. We used dum dum suckers!

The Garners said...

That is SOOOO good! I really really hope and pray that Alexee is potty-trained by April when the new baby arrives. I don't know that she has much interest in trying yet. She understands the concept, and often tells us when she has a dirty diaper, but that's as far as we've made it. Good job, EG!

Candy said...

That is great Leigh Ann!!! Yes, we are using candy too! :)

Amanda Ledford said...

Yay for EG!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you both! :-)

Anonymous said...

Lol, that's so great that she is working on potty training! Evan is nowhere near potty trained!! Great Job Ella Grace!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so proud of EG! She already knows how to work the system...LOL!

Lindsey said...

YAY for EG! That is some exciting news, sweet bloggy buddy!

Lauren said...

I'm a biased if I think she's a genius?? :)