Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun

Halloween is definitely not my favorite holiday. However, I ended up having a really good time this year. It was fun to dress Evan and Ella Grace in their costumes...a doctor and a pumpkin.

Aren't they cute? I told Derek that Evan was cuter than Dr. McDreamy. Ha! Oh, and at first, Ella Grace was not thrilled about her costume (especially the hat). Getting her to wear it at first required some bribing with Skittles. You know, sometimes, I'm just not above a little candy bribery. I have gotten a lot of milage out of Skittles and jelly beans. :) How else can you get two kids in Easter outfits, Christmas outfits, etc.??? Ha!

My lil' punkin!

Wednesday afternoon I took Ella Grace to her very first Halloween party at Gymboree. There were SO MANY kids there and they were all so cute. Ella played games, made a foot print ghost, went on a parachute ride, sang songs, and played in bubbles. She had a ball! It was only for her age group, so Derek took off work early and took Evan for a treat at Sonic and to therapy and we met up with them at the house afterward.

Playing on the slide.

Ella Grace and her friend, Sarah, who was dressed as a very cute cat, playing in a boat.

Going for a parachute ride.

Friday morning, I voted, and it only took about an hour and a half. It felt good to vote! Then, Derek and I took EG to Build a Bear to spend the shopping spree Lauren, Megan, and Meagan sent her for her birthday. Oh, she had THE best time and loved every minute of it. She now has a new puppy (of course) in a hot pink snow suit! So cute! Thank you so much, girls!

Ella Grace finding a creative way to use my "I voted" sticker.


EG and her new puppy. Doesn't she look happy?

Evan had a "special snack" on Friday at school. For some reason, they weren't allowed to call it a party. Evan is on a gluten-free/casein-free diet for treatment of his autism, which basically means no dairy and no wheat. One day I'll write more about this. He does so good only eating "allowed" foods. I made a decision that morning to let him have a cookie at school. When we picked him up at school, he ran to the car with black icing all over his grin that is now missing two teeth. That said it all. He enjoyed himself, and it was worth it! I wish I had a picture of that face.

Friday night we took them trick-or-treating. After about the fourth house, Evan was over it. He was just enjoying the nice weather outside and watching all that was going on. However, Miss Priss would walk right up to the door and announce "Trick or Treat, " and always came back with a treat for her brother, too. They both had a really good time, and Derek and I did, too. We ended the night at a local restaurant and were all tired when we got home. We won't talk about the sugar crash, meltdown that happened before bedtime. Let me just say, OH. MY. GOODNESS!

Evan was SO excited and ready to go. Can you tell by his expression that he was D O N E with pictures?! Ha!

Trick-or-Treating like a big girl!

A very tired Daddy and a very tired, sugared-up pumpkin. She had a chocolate ring around her mouth by the time we left the first house! Ha!

Hope y'all had a good Halloween. I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

Oh, and I had to post this picture. This was last year...


How much they have grown in only one year!

26 comments:

Laura said...

That is the most handsomest (is that a word?) Doctor (beats out McDreamy anyday!) and pumpkin munchkin I have EVER seen!! Glad you guys had such a GREAT Halloween!

Amanda Ledford said...

They are too cute! I love the doctor costume and that is seriously the best pumpkin costume I've ever seen, super girly!

Betsy said...

They both look absolutely adorable!! Evan sure does look handsome and lil' punkin is as cute as ever!! That sounds like such a fun Halloween! I can only imagine the sugar meltdown...haha. That's how it goes sometimes, huh? We had a fun night, too! But I'm with you...Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays. Hope you have a great weekend!!

Melissa said...

Super cute costumes! Look like you all had so much fun!

Candy said...

Wow, they have grown alot in just a year! They are both the cutest things! The cutest DR and the most precious Pumpkin I've ever seen! Glad ya'll had such a great Halloween! :)

Becky said...

McDreamy has nothing on Evan. And little miss cutie pie lookin' all cute dressed up like a pumpkin!

Faith said...

Evan is the cutest little doctor EVER!! He looks so handsome! And, that Ella Grace is a doll!

The Garners said...

What a great doctor and pumpkin! They had really fun costumes! I've had a high-calorie, low-exercise week though--I've gotta do better next week! Too much candy sitting around our house!

Michelle said...

That is the cutest pumpkin outfit I have ever seen.
They both are just cute as can be.

You should have seen little Dawson. He was just adorable.

Check back for pictures on Sunday of all our spooks.

Anonymous said...

Oh Evan is so handsome!! And Ella Grace looks so adorable in her pumpkin costume!! You have two beautiful trick or treaters, that's for sure! Glad you all had a wonderful time!! I loved seeing Evan's and Ella Grace's pictures compared to last year. They grow up so fast! We had quite a sugar crash here too,lol. Good thing Halloween is only once a year!

Angela said...

They look so cute in their costumes! Looks like you all had a good time and we, too, have had LOTS of sugar (and sugar meltdowns) over the last few days.

Kim said...

that pumpkin costume is a riot!

Laurie said...

VERY VERY CUTE!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

SO cute! EG is the 3rd little girl I've seen in that pumpkin costume! I love it!!! I've seen lots of doctors this year too! :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh my goodness..that pumpkin costume is just too cute!!! They are so sweet!
-sandy toes

Melissa said...

oh! I LOVE Ella's shoes in both sets of pics! I'm a shoe girl! And Caroline is a little afraid of doctor's but I bet she would have liked Evan's outfit!
SOOO sweet! Love them!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Can Ijust say that they both look too adorable ;)! Evan looks like such a big boy (he is) in that first picture!

Oh, I am so happy EG had fun making her puppy ;)! Please give her a big hug from all of her TN Aunts!

Lindsey said...

Love the costumes! What cuties!

Meagan said...

WOW! So much to say... let's see.

First, Evan looks HUGE in that costume... I swear he looks 6 feet tall! That' boy's growin'!!! EG's costume takes the cake! That is by far the cutest prissiest pumpkin costume I have ever seen - LOVE IT! As opposed to Evan, she looks tiny standing in front of that door trick-or-treating like a big girl... so impressive!!!!

And, I am SO glad that y'all had fun a build a bear and she got a new dog... what did she name her?

Givens-Craig Family said...

Your little trick or treaters are ADORABLE.

Jacquie said...

Look how much difference a year makes! Oh my.

I love the pumpkin costume... so cute. And Evan looks so grown up as a doctor.

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween either, but my two favorite holidays are just around the corner now!

tondays said...

they are the cutest as always...i would definitely pick him ove McDreamy, and i could just eat that sweet lil pumpkin right up!!!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness!! Your children are the cutest!! I love them!! That pumpkin costume is so precious. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy but I know who Dr. Mcdreamy is and Evan is by far the cutest!!!

I love EG's new room. It looks like a princess!!

Heather said...

SO CUTE!!! I love her little pumpkin shoes!!! Your kids are precious!

In His Army said...

Yeah, I'm not big into Halloween either. But it is fun to see them in costume! That is the cutest pumpkin I have ever seen. Evan looks so spohisticated and grown up as a DR. So fun!

Lauren said...

Dr. McSteamy, watch out!!

I love that EG put the bear in a pink snowsuit!