Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just a Couple of Things

Thank you all for sharing your ticket stories with me. I actually felt a lot better. That was until I went to pay my ticket and get on probation. That ticket cost me (well, Derek) $180!!! When the little guy at the counter told me this, I shouted, "Oh my stars!" I didn't mean to be loud, but I was shocked! Plus, I am on probation for two years.

After I paid my ticket, Derek told me how funny I was when I was telling him that I received the ticket. I remember telling Derek, "I was so mad, and that cop wasn't nice at all. So, I didn't even tell him 'Thank you' when he finished giving me instructions on how to take care of the ticket. I just rolled up my window and drove away." We both starting laughing when Derek reminded me this cop deals with criminals all day, so me not saying "Thank you" really didn't put a damper on his day. Ha!

On another totally random note, do any of you that live in central Arkansas need or know someone who needs a twin bed? Here is a picture of it...

I love this bed. I am only selling it because we got Evan a bigger bed this weekend (he is growing so fast). It comes with a head board, foot board, and rails, and we got it at Haverty's. The Pottery Barn Kids bedding is negotiable, too. Just send me an e-mail if you or someone you know may be interested. I would love to get this to someone who could use it and also out of my garage. :)

I had a lovely Girls' Night Out Friday night. We went to eat at Bonefish Grill. I'm not a huge seafood person, but I actually enjoyed my crab cakes. Then, we went to see the movie, "The Women." I think we all agreed it was a snoozer. As a matter of fact, one of us (I will not name names, Toni) really DID fall asleep. Seriously. Oh well, it was still great being out with my girls!

Toni, Me, and Tina

Michelle, Kim, and Abby

This is just a picture of my glamor girl today...


I hope you all have had a GREAT weekend. I'm looking forward to getting caught up on my blog reading after the kids go to bed tonight. I'm not able to read that much during the week because of our busy schedule. I've missed y'all!

19 comments:

Laurie said...

Your ticket story is really funny!!!!!!!!!! I think Bonefish Grill is a little too fancy for my taste buds. You know I am the girl that likes cafeteria food.

Jacquie said...

OUCH! That ticket hurt.

I sent my sister an email about the bed... in case she might be interested.

EG is looking mighty cute sportin' those "hey, baby's"!

Laura said...

Your ticket story is still killing me!

Your group should have went to see the new Nicholas Sparks movie with Richard Gere and Diane Lane. Cry, cry, cry. I would rather cry than sleep, though. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep in the movies - although I may have wanted to a few times! Glad you had a fun time, anyway!

Your fashion goddess and my beach goddess could be best buds!

In His Army said...

Wow--$180!!! I need to call and see how much Mario's was because it was in Louisianna! I'm afraid to know is the only reason we haven't called yet!!! Hope you've had a good weekend!

The Garners said...

Your ticket story is so funny!

I pretty much always fall asleep during movies--at home or at the theater. Lane used to try to keep waking me up when we'd paid to go to the theater...I was so thankful when he finally gave up on that and just let me sleep!

Angela said...

Wow, tickets are expensive. I haven't gotten a ticket in a LONG time (and hope I don't for a long time either) and I don't remember them being that expensive.

Oooh, I wish I lived closer. I need a twin bed. Hayden's bed JUST broke the past week.

Looks like you had a great weekend! EG looks so cute in her sunglasses :)

Michele said...

I haven't gotten a ticket in forever - I'm not sure they even give them here though! LOL

I had planned to go to Bonefish when I was in LR but never got the chance - LOVE that place!

Meagan said...

LOVE the picture of EG, as always!

$180 ticket?!?!?! That is crazy - I think I would have had to bit my toung from saying more than "Oh my stars!"

And last, but not least, I hate that the movie was a snoozer?!?! I saw it with a friend of mine and laughed through the whole thing... not a go out and buy it movie, but I did enjoy it!

tondays said...

I had a GNO this weekend too, but we actually did a "sleepover" - so much fun staying up all night talking & catching up! I've heard Bonefish is good, but never been.

Faith said...

I wish I could have heard you saying "Oh my stars" to the ticket man! Ha!

I LOVE Bonefish Grill so much, and I always get the crabcakes! So yummy!

We saw Fireproof, and it is a MUST see!

Rachel Wheat said...

Someone fell asleep?!?!? That is hilarious. Well, you just saved me $10 on that one! :) Glad you had a good time though. Thanks for your sweet words about my last post, you inspire me frequently! :)

Lauren said...

1) LOVING the new monkey background!!!!

2) Your ticket story is HEE-LARIOUS! Such a Southern Belle thing to say! I cried myself out of my first ticket. Not so lucky on the second.

3)I can't wait to see Evan's big boy bed and pictures of him READING!

4) I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Love the new monkey background. Miss Glamour Puss is as stunning as ever and your ticket story is a HOOT! I love the part about you no thanking him. LOL

Amanda Ledford said...

$180, that is crazy! I've never had one that expensive! WOW! I am so excited for Evan that he is reading! That is awesome!!! Hope you have a great week! :-)

Megan L Hutchings said...

$180.00...WHAT? I cannot believe that they put you on probation for two years. Seriously?!?!

I am so glad you had a fun weekend with your galz! I hate that the movie was a sleeper.

Hug EG for me!

Tracy said...

Leigh Ann, I'm not sure if you will remember me...but think back...way back...Stingerettes way back! Tall, lanky, red head...Tracy Davidson! Found your blog (because I spend way too much time reading blogs) and I wanted to say hello! Our family has one too...stop by...say hello! Your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

www.tracybeene.typepad.com

Abby said...

Leigh Ann - I am still thinking about you from Friday night and your giggling! Hysterical! It was fun, and I guess I picked a good movie to skip!

EG is so cute!

Meredith said...

We just went to Bonefish Grill with my in-laws last night! Well, even though the movie wasn't that great, at least you got to spend time with friends! Which is always great!

Anonymous said...

LOL, you are so sweet!! That cop should have been nice! Shame on him!