Thursday, July 9, 2009

Autism Insurance Reform


I "think" this will be the last thing I post about insurance coverage for children with autism. It's not a promise, but since the insurance reform has reached the federal level, I'm not sure what can happen after that.

You all have been so sweet and supportive over our journey with autism and my little speeches at the capitol. I just thank you from the bottom of my heart.

On the final note of this experience, I am asking you all, if you feel so led, to please go to this LINK and read more about the Federal Autism Insurance Reform. You can fill in the blanks on a simple form to have a letter go to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Majority Leader Harry M. Reid telling them kids with autism and the families caring for them NEED insurance coverage for the treatment of autism. Imagine if you couldn't get your child the help he or she needed. It's heartbreaking. This will help my Evan and the tens of thousands out there just like him, especially those that are still little bitty and just getting diagnosed. The earlier on they get treatment, the much brighter their future!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, my sweet friends. If you send a letter, I'd love to know it if you want to leave a comment. Know you have just done a BIG thing! Also, if you would like to send this link to anyone else you know that would like to support this legislation, please feel free to send it on.

Much love,
Leigh Ann

19 comments:

Kelly said...

You better believe I'll do it today!!! And i hope you do keep talking about this subject! You are an inspiration to all moms!!!

Jacquie said...

I just sent mine! From one momma to another... I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Kaycee said...

I just sent one too. Hope it helps!

His Doorkeeper said...

I fired my letter off and have already had a reply!
You go Leigh Ann! I admire you so much! Nothing like love for your child to get you motivated!!

Heather said...

Hi Leigh Ann,

I've been following your blog via Kelly's Korner for a while now (hope that you don't mind that I've tagged along!). I can tell from your posts that you are a dedicated mother with a true passion for your children and this very important topic. What an inspiration you are to all moms! I was happy to send a letter.

Heather S.

KLC said...

I am a special ed teacher and most of the students in our program are Austistic. This issue is very near and dear to my heart!! Your son is adorable!

Raina's Retreat said...

I just sent my letter! It's about time this reach the federal level!

Unknown said...

Mine is on the way! Love, Daddy

Jennie said...

I just sent one! You don't me, but I know OF you from fellow OBU friends. I work with a mom of a precious son with autism, so I know what an important job you have. I admire SO much the work you and all the other parents do.

Anonymous said...

Just sent mine...thanks for the awareness and for speaking up for what you know is right!

Tracy said...

Done..done...and done! You are doing such a good thing and Evan is such a lucky boy to have you in his corner.

Melissa said...

Hey love all the pics of kids and the updates on Autism.
Wanted to tell you that your blog made a national autism tweet on twitter I was so suprised to see it was you on there. Good for you!
Oh also, will be talking to you soon my daughter has appt. at childrens in Little Rock on the 14th of August.

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad that I met you through the blog word. I have learned so many things about autism and I am so thankful you were willing to share :)!

Kelley said...

Hi LeighAnn! I just got back from vacation and am reading posts that I missed. I just e-mailed my letter! I hope something is done about this issue. It is sooo important.

In His Army said...

I just went to the link and e-mailed the letter. What a sweet photo of Evan! :) Have a great week!

Ang said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if these insurance companies had no more loop holes. Ours uses the POS excuse and so Olivia's treatment is $3500 a month out of pocket. Yikes. Sounds even bigger when I type it. But we are seeing huge improvements. We have a microloan program going for Olivia, if you want to mention it to your readers that would be just wonderful. Link is on my blog. Love to hear about Evan's progress, it gives us hope.

Quick question Olivia refuses to wear short sleeves, did you guys ever have a sensory issue like that?
Hugs
Ang

Meagan said...

Of course I sent a letter, love! I am so proud of the work you have done for this cause! You are truly an inspiration!!!!!

Lauren said...

It is so important. I hope they friggin'-fraggin' listen.

independent insurance agency said...

A great post with out doubt. The information shared is of top quality which has to get appreciated at all levels. Well done keep up the good work.independent insurance agency