Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Funny Valentines

I have had a great day spending time with my three Valentines today. We have actually been Valentining for two days now. Evan had a party at school Friday, and it was lots of fun. The teachers treated the class to pizza and all kinds of other treats. They are always so sweet to include EG, and of course, she thinks she is big stuff in there with the kindergarteners! I remember the days when I was in school and our class covered shoe boxes with construction paper hearts for our Valentines. One of Evan's creative teachers made these...

Is that not the cutest thing? It included a working door and flag. It also had his address on the other side to help with learning it. I thought it was so creative.


This is Evan with his aid, Ms. Myrie. He LOVES her, and she is so good with him. I am so thankful for her!


Evan and Ella Grace also racked up on the candy. They had Valentines from both sets of grandparents in addition to the haul they got at Evan's school. They (mainy EG...she is a candy fan) had eaten so much candy by Friday night, and it wasn't even the official day yet!

Ella Grace with the dog Derek's parents gave her. It sings the song "Shout." That is like my least favorite song EVER! It's quite annoying, but she loves it! SIGH! And, yes, that IS candy on her mouth.


Hallmark made a small fortune off the Horton's.


Instead of candy, Derek and I got Evan and Ella Grace each a toy. Evan got a new DVD that he LOVES, and Ella Grace got these...

Needless to say, she has been clip clopping around here for two days. :)


We ended the night with going to our Saturday night service at our church. How better to spend Valentine's Day?! For the first time, Ella Grace went to her class and stayed the entire service. We then went and ate Mexican food, and the kiddos chowed down. I can always count on them eating well there.

I sure love my Valentines!

My heartbreaker

My sweeter than candy girl

Not pictured is my big Valentine, and I'm pretty sweet on him, too! :)

22 comments:

Kelly said...

Such a sweet family!!!!!!
Happy Valentines Day to the Hortons!!!!

julie & joe said...

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day! I love the dress up shoes.

Faith said...

You are truly blessed! Happy Valentines Day to you all!!

His Doorkeeper said...

You and your valentines are the sweetest together!
Love Evan's little mailbox...such a creative teacher!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Leigh Ann...your children are GORGEOUS!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

What a great Valentine's! The little mailbox is adorable.

Candy said...

I'm glad ya'll had a great Valentine's weekend! :) I love Evan's mailbox, too cute! I'm sure EG is LOVING her shoes! :)

Angela said...

Happy V-day! I love the little mailbox...that is so cute!

Have a good Sunday!

Jacquie said...

Evan's mailbox is SO cute. What a creative teacher!

OMG! Those EG shoes. I am amazed these days at how little girls can wear flip flops and little heels with ease! I still can't wear heels without poking my hiney out!! Ha!

Meagan said...

GREAT post! So sweet for the sweet holiday - sounds like fun-filled love-filled few days!!!

Jenna said...

I tell you what - you just have a DARLING family!!! I loved seeing all these pics, Leigh Ann!! Glad ya'll had a great V-Day!

Melissa said...

HEY!Thanks for the birthday wishes! I have been too busy celebrating to post, but I got some pictures to share so I will do that soon! Looks like you had a good weekend too! Yay when the candy is gone.. right? Hope you guys have a good week!! :0)

Jamie said...

It looks like you and your sweet family had a great day/few days celebrating!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Your family just brings so much happiness to me ;)! They are so incredibly cute and kind!

As always, you look absolutely STUNNING!

Katie said...

That mailbox is too cute! And I hope we get to see EG "clip-clopping" in her new heels! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Aw, you are such a beautiful family!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Valentine's day! I really love Evan's mailbox, that is so cute!!

Hillary said...

LOVE the Princess shoes!! Every girl must have those!

Anonymous said...

Looks like an awesome Valentine's day at your house! I love your slice of Hallmark at your own house, lol!

Ang said...

Thank you so much for that wonderful post. It is amazing how life changing those few words are... you're child has autism. Never thought it would happen to us. I can not tell you how nice it is to hear from someone who faces the same trials that we are facing. Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful advice.
Ang

Lauren said...

I love EG's princess shoes!

I'm glad you had such a good Valentine's!

Kim said...

You kids are just too cute! In the next week or so, I plan to call you!

Julie said...

Your valentines are so precious!!! You had a party weekend!!

That Valentines mailbox is just so creative! I remember covering shoe boxes too and mine was always so UGLY!!!