Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Camp

My babies have LOVED camp this summer. It has kept us busy, but they have had a blast.

Evan is back for his third summer at A-Camp. A-Camp is a blessing...that is all I can say. A wonderful blessing. He has gotten to do so many FUN things, and he still has two weeks left. They are so sweet to take pictures every day of all the fun he is having. It is so wonderful to get a peek into his day. I have a lot more than this, but these are some of my favorites.

Exploring

Crafting

Catching bugs

Canoeing

He has developed a special bond with this Camp Counselor, Mary Pat. He LOVES her.

And I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

Happy boy to be at camp

Proud of all the badges he has earned

Swimming

I've been asked to speak to the Board of Directors of A-Camp in a few weeks about what A-Camp has meant for our family. I don't think there is enough time to communicate what a blessing it is.

Ella Grace spent a week at Princess Camp. She loved every minute of it. Talk about right up her ally! =) She learned that princesses aren't quitters and that being a princess is a big responsibility because you take care of those you love. She also learned how to hold her dress out when she walks down stairs and how to always have her plume (feather pen) with her in case someone wants her autograph. Ha! Just precious! I'm so glad she was able to go.

Here she is being "announced" to all the land as Princess Ella Grace by Queen Nettles.

The princesses entertained the audience by doing the "Macarena." They also learned a line dance and the motions to YMCA! SO cute!

They learned to get their own refreshments and use the ladle all by themselves to get their own punch.

She danced with Daddy. Her favorite part, I think.

It's official. We have papers to prove it. =)

1 comments:

Ashley said...

So sweet! I am so glad your kids have had a fun summer. Evan looks SOOOO big!! They're both so precious. Y'all have such a sweet family!