Friday, July 8, 2011

Still Catching Up...17 Years

July 2, 1996


On July 2nd, Derek and I celebrated 17 years of marriage. We've been together a total of 23 if we count our dating time. Well, some of it wasn't really dating, as my mom wouldn't let me date until I was 16. Derek and I met when I was 15, so we spent a lot of time on the couch watching TV. It seems like we watched A LOT of episodes of "Hunter." Remember that show?

I'm so thankful God brought Derek and me together at such a young age. It is fun to go back and look at pictures...when Derek was all elbows and knees and I was all hair. I think the kids will enjoy looking at them as well. EG will already say, "Daddy was old here," having it mixed up that he was really young! Ha!

My mom watched Evan and Ella Grace so we could go out to eat. We went to our favorite restaurant that has the best steaks ever! I'm so thankful for such a loving, supportive husband that is a wonderful Daddy to our children. We've made a lot of good memories and I know lots more are to come.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Sweet post! Happy Anniversary to y'all!

The Garners said...

How wonderful! Happy belated Anniversary.

I've missed your posting--glad you're back! :)

Kelley said...

Happy Anniversary!