Sunday, March 4, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Dance


On February 24th, Derek took Ella Grace to their first Daddy/Daughter dance. It was at our church. Derek said they danced every dance except two. Ella Grace loves to dance, so she was totally in her element. She got to wear a fancy dress. Derek got her a gift and a corsage. I love that he is showing her now how she should be treated when she is dating and when she is married. I hope she is lucky enough to find someone just like her Daddy. If you ask her who she is going to marry, she says, "Daddy." She has informed me that at their wedding I will be a "blue girl" meaning I will be her bridesmaid wearing a blue dress and black high heels. Girlfriend is giving this a lot of th0ught. Ha! Here are some pictures from their big night.







Beyond excited!

Beautiful girl.

After she got her corsage, she started crying and crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "It's just so sweet that Daddy got me flowers." =)

Such a sweet girl. Such sweet times. Let me never take them for granted.

6 comments:

Candy said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! She has gotten so big since I first started reading your blog! She is so pretty and looks thrilled to go on a date with her Daddy--super sweet! :)

Kelley said...

That is so sweet! She has grown so much! She is just beautiful! Love her flower comment too!

Leah said...

EG is BEAUTIFUL, just like her mama! She looks a lot like Her big bro, don't ya think?!

Congrats on your big run, gal. I really want you to think about coming to Dallas in December to run White Rock. :-)

Kayla said...

SUCH a sweet post and precious memories!

Bedroom Wallpaper said...

Hello Everyone
Horton Happenings
Nice resource! You've performed a fantastic job throughout this post and all other posts that I checked.

buy furniture said...

Hello there
Horton Happenings
Enjoyed this post, thanks for this excellent topic; It brings light into the dark!