Saturday, August 30, 2008
Posted by Leigh Ann at 9:23 PM
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Thank you to all of you who have given to this cause that is so close to my heart in honor of my Evan. We are so close to our goal. If you would still like to contribute, you can click on Megan, Meagan and Lauren's picture in the top right corner. Thank you for helping us kick autism in the rear! And, thank you Meagan, Megan and Lauren for the SUPER cute shirts. I don't think I could ever be more proud to wear anything! Love you girls!
I leave you tonight with what I found Ella Grace doing when I went in her room to get her picture. She learned to do "monkey arms" at Gymboree on the monkey bars, but I guess the side of a crib works, too.
I hope you are all having a GREAT week! Lots of love!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 5:56 PM
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Me, Kelly, and Kandi
This is Kandi and her family. I've decided this is what happens when Barbie marries Ken and they have kids! Ha! Just a beautiful family!
Thank you so much for coming to see us, Kelly. I loved every minute of it!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 8:32 PM
Thursday, August 21, 2008
- She uses sentences (up to five words) like, "I want apple juice please," or "I sorry Edan (Evan)."
- She asks questions like, "What's wrong Mama," (I'm kind of beginning to wonder why she is asking me this a lot...ha!) or "Where'd baby go?"
- As soon as Derek leaves in the morning, she announces, "Daddy workin'."
- She adores babies (real or baby dolls) and animals (real or stuffed).
- She loves green beans but will only eat them right out of the can or cold. I know!!!
- She is girly, girly loving make-up, purses, telephones, and clothes.
- She can put her shoes on herself, although they are almost always on the wrong feet. I don't change them though because she is so proud of herself.
- She stalls when it is bedtime by asking to be rocked. I am never able to turn her down.
- She always wants to "show Evan" when she thinks she looks pretty or silly.
- She adores Evan and loves to chase him around the house.
- She is obsessed with owies and will point them out on herself or others.
- She is such a little momma (mostly to Evan, bless his heart).
- She loves to sing. Her favorites are "ABC's," "Barney's I Love You," "Wheels on the Bus, "Where is Thumbkin," and all the songs we sing while at Gymboree. Hearing her singing them is P R E C I O U S.
- She has used the potty once already! Yeah!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 9:41 AM
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
If you were wondering what an angel looks like when she is sleeping, here she is:
Posted by Leigh Ann at 8:38 PM
Monday, August 18, 2008
I love you, Evan, and I'm so proud of you!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 7:03 PM
Sunday, August 17, 2008
You sure need a lot of stuff to start school. I don't remember ever having to bring all of this to school. Do you?
Please pray for us tomorrow, especially for Evan. I pray that he adjusts to his new school, surroundings and teachers easily, that he is calm, and that he has fun. I'll definitely keep you all posted tomorrow on how the first day goes. Thank you so much. Hugs!
Posted by Leigh Ann at 6:44 AM
Thursday, August 14, 2008
This is the new duvet. I am loving damask right now. The designer that helped me assured me it would not go out of style. She said it is like toile and will always be in style. If you disagree, don't tell me! Ha! I am like the opposite of all things trendy, and I tend to try to go for things that will be around for a while.
These are the swatches from my original plan. However, when I went to return them today, I nixed the pink polka dots. The bed skirt is now going to be a fluffy organza, and the Euro pillows will be smocked organza. The stripe will be two regular sized pillows and then there will be a boudoir pillow with a coordinating ruffle of pink and green polka dot fabric I picked for the drapes. And of course, the boudoir pillow will be monogrammed because I am a NUT for it.
Next up, Evan will get a bigger bed and a new duvet. I wish I would have gotten him a double bed instead of a twin in the beginning. There is always something on my list. Are you like that? Do you constantly have something you are working on for your home? It's fun, but it's a lot of work! :)
Posted by Leigh Ann at 1:54 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Posted by Leigh Ann at 2:07 PM
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Here are a few pictures from the day (warning: there are several)...
The wives going on the first flight.
The two Blackhawks ready for us.
Derek got me all strapped in my seat (which I loved). I was ready!
I was right behind the cockpit!
A popular mountain that people hike. I could actually see people at the top.
Posted by Leigh Ann at 3:20 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
"ALL" drawers need baby locks ASAP.
Posted by Leigh Ann at 11:50 AM
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Do you ever have days like this...a day full of frustration that turns to joy that turns to a lesson?
Posted by Leigh Ann at 8:17 PM